Upcoming change: 1 Interceptor and 1 Airport per country at game start

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Upcoming change: 1 Interceptor and 1 Airport per country at game start

Hi guys,

I want to inform you that with the next update all players start with one additional airport and one additional Interceptor in new games. The Airport and the Interceptor are placed in an urban province in the middle of the respective country.
      This will only affect newly created games and only the non historical maps.

The reason for this change:
      Right now players can only do a limited amount of things in the first 24h of a game because troops take a day to reach their target destination and buildings/units need to be built first. With an additional Interceptor available players have more possibilities of interacting with the game, as aircrafts are fast enough to see results of actions in the same game session. For example you can scout out all neighbouring countries to make a better plan of attack (but remember that since the last update you have to redirect your planes before the patrol in the target location starts to not declare war) or ensue in early air fights. We hope that this gives games more activity on day 1, while not changing the balancing too much.

If you want you can post your feedback already here.
    • I think that sounds good, except for the fact that spying using patrol causes war, which newbies may not understand. You ought to make sure that a popup displays when people patrol over non allied land.

Can I suggest something to go along with that?

How about a L1 airbase does not allow plane production, but just a landing and refueling point? And maybe make it take say 12 hours to completely build, usable in 6 hours?

You would need to build a L2 airbase to produce interceptors, and a L3 for tactical bombers, etc. That will push Tactical bombers out a day or so in the early game, giving a better chance for anti air ground forces to be built.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW: brainstorm after having coffee. ().

• Thanks, I edited my text to make sure people don't forget to redirect planes before the patrol starts to not trigger war.
      A popup we already have in the game, for the new players.

Regarding the air port suggestion: For now it will stay as it is, maybe something for later. :)
    • This is a good idea for getting new players more interested and it won't have much effect on the rest of us. There are a lot of things you guys could do to engage new players, but well, if they need too much stimulation maybe they are not really cut out for rts.