A Non Gold Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This is an approximate figure. The player himself admitted to spending about 2,000,000 gold, and later his "costs per day" were multiplied by the time of the game. It was a very difficult, long and fierce war))
  • Oh it is very well possible. In the longer game, the relative value of gold decreases (because empires grow larger and have more stuff to build and spend, while the gold effect does not increase).
    When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
    - BIG DADDY.
  • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Oh it is very well possible. In the longer game, the relative value of gold decreases (because empires grow larger and have more stuff to build and spend, while the gold effect does not increase).
    +1

Ironmann wrote:

Ronon do you really think i believe that lies LOL. You beat a player who has 2,000,000 Gold and you had Nothing. If that's true he must be so bad lol Don't tell us BS. I agree that this is a free game that People support Bytro by spending gold
    If it was something like an 80 day conflict the spammer would have spent an average of $25k/day in gold, which if he was using that for resources (@2500 per 5000), tech advances (@3400+/each), and units with long build times (1700+/each), and was insta-building facilities (1700+/each), then that actually isn't as much as you would think.

Remember how fast you went through your n00b sign up bonus of 14k? That was easily spent in the first few hours of play.

If ronon_ had a water boundary (like he controlled both Americas, South America, North America, Africa, or was well established in Oceania, I can see him holding off a gold spammer in the late game, especially if ronon_ was a heavy rocket user, because those things are absolutely devastating vs convoys, and very painful against even large fleets if they can get tarpitted or the spammer logs off and leaves them motionless within rocket range.

Rocket spamming while defending a water boundary is the best defense against gold spammers, as you could KO up to 6 units (like, say 6 heavy tanks the spammer spent approx. 8466 gold to build) with a single Level 4 rocket , making invasions very tough for an impatient gold spammer.

Not saying it happened, just saying I believe an active and experienced player could pull it off.
  • I'm not going to prove anything to anyone :) It's impossible, I have not receipts. But it is enough for me that I know this myself. And it was incredibly difficult. When he was online, it was impossible to fight. Of course, I did it not alone, we were 5-6 people + a few sympathizers who helped with resources, but did not fight. Not everyone survived to victory. Until he collided with us, he unified the coalition behind the coalition alone and eventually captured almost all of Eurasia from Japan and India to the Urals mountains. Dozens of players were destroyed
    Personally, I with two partners in the coalition controlled Africa and Arabia. The game lasted 50 days, I do not remember exactly. The turning point came after I destroyed 70 freshly caught interceptors in 4-5 hours, losing 10 times less. He even complained to the support service)) For cheating. Perhaps it can even be presented as evidence ))
    Then he had high hopes for nuclear missiles, but as it turned out they are quite expensive and ineffective against aviation. And by the end of the game against him, about 130 units of my aviation operated on 2 fronts (in Europe and the Middle East). We already knew his schedule, when he goes to bed, when he gets up, when he rests)) in general it was a war on physical exhaustion
  • ronon_ wrote:

Then he had high hopes for nuclear missiles, but as it turned out they are quite expensive and ineffective against aviation
    Well, like so many things in this game, it's all about employing the right tactics for the right weapon system under the right circumstances.

The way to annihilate 20 to 25 aircraft squadrons with a single nuclear missile is to catch the enemy squadrons on the ground while they are refueling, and their hit points drop from 20 or 25 per squadron to 5 hit points per squadron. It's also the ideal time to counter-attack the enemy aviation units with conventional rockets or your fighters and tactical bombers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• Interesting discussion.

Its good that Ronon, a game operator (and I assume he knows the game he operates, even to the little dirty details), comes forward with this. But I have to wonder, how much gold did he spend himself? And is the gold spammer an idiot or what?

Anyway, the times I encountered goldspammers in random games, they were usually active and at least half decent in skill. You quickly notice, and then even the most seasoned non-golder has no choice but to archive.

In the past few months I encountered 4 of them. 2 I had to archive (100k a day? more? dunno, it was just too much), and 2 I convinced to play on an even field and enjoyed a nice chat during the match.

(and of course won both battles, but thats besides the point:) ).

Edit: what I wanted to say, indirectly, give me 100k gold and I beat 99 out of 100 goldspammers. Give me 0k gold, and I beat perhaps 1 out of 5. I do agree with Roko regarding diminishing returns of gold. If both empires, on the world map own half the map, gold is more inflated than the Zimbabwean dollar.
  • MontanaBB wrote:

ronon_ wrote:

I happened to win against a player who spent 8000000 gold
    That's a lot of zeros -- did you mean to type 80,000 (eighty thousand), 800,000 (eight hundred thousand), or 8,000,000 (8 million)? You actually typed 8 million (an 8 followed by 6 zeros). That's a LOT of gold units. A LOT.
    I've beaten "gold-spammers" on a spending spree of 100,000+ gold units, but I was overwhelmed by one who spent 250,000 gold units in the first two weeks. I know what spending 250,00 gold units in a game looks like -- 240 total units, 70+ air units (45+ tactical bomber squadrons), almost unlimited resources as needed to build anything, all by Day 12. Spending 8 million gold units in the course of any single game is simply beyond my comprehension. How anyone could spend that amount of gold and still lose the game is incomprehensible -- you would have to be the worst player ever. Ever.
    Ever...ever...indeed. And to think I played against some shoddy opponents - there is a new 'hero' in town. Too bad its against the rules to call his name;)
  • ronon_ wrote:

I'm not going to prove anything to anyone :) It's impossible, I have not receipts. But it is enough for me that I know this myself. And it was incredibly difficult. When he was online, it was impossible to fight. Of course, I did it not alone, we were 5-6 people + a few sympathizers who helped with resources, but did not fight. Not everyone survived to victory. Until he collided with us, he unified the coalition behind the coalition alone and eventually captured almost all of Eurasia from Japan and India to the Urals mountains. Dozens of players were destroyed
    Personally, I with two partners in the coalition controlled Africa and Arabia. The game lasted 50 days, I do not remember exactly. The turning point came after I destroyed 70 freshly caught interceptors in 4-5 hours, losing 10 times less. He even complained to the support service)) For cheating. Perhaps it can even be presented as evidence ))
    Then he had high hopes for nuclear missiles, but as it turned out they are quite expensive and ineffective against aviation. And by the end of the game against him, about 130 units of my aviation operated on 2 fronts (in Europe and the Middle East). We already knew his schedule, when he goes to bed, when he gets up, when he rests)) in general it was a war on physical exhaustion
    @ronon_
    ehh, 'we'?' You royalty mate?:)
  • miech wrote:

@ronon_ehh, 'we'?' You royalty mate?:)

ronon_ wrote:

.... Of course, I did it not alone, we were 5-6 people + a few sympathizers...

But in general, of course yes))
    The same applies to Mr. MontanaBB. 8 million is not for me alone. On the game. In which my coalition and allies won. Total 5-6 people.But I think that he spent most of this amount on us, judging by the duration and intensity of the battles. Before that he alone destroyed more 20 players. Do you think it is expensive to demolish all the buildings in the rebuilt province for gold, for the demolition of the airfield? And then build in it the strengthening of level 5 and industrial complex (and so on that is needed)for production ? )) He did it. Buy instantly 70 fighters for gold or a dozen nuclear missiles how much is it? (Along with the technologies that he always had advanced). About ordinary rockets, I do not even say.
    And fortunately, he could not implement the method of destroying aviation you described. Perhaps because by that time I had accumulated a lot of experience in preserving my aviation group, which he methodically tried to catch with gold and missiles
    I spent 2500 gold ...)) Once for exploration, then I realized that it was pointless. He could build armies at any time in a place in any quantity. And I can't pay more than he . Therefore, took a principled position)) I did not expect to win, but decided to fight until the last :) Some my allies dabbled in gold, but these were ridiculous amounts, in total no more than 100,000

miech wrote:

Its good that Ronon, a game operator
    On that map, I passed the entrance tests to the "RIA" alliance. No operator or moderator I was not yet.
    Yes, this donater fortunately understood the game worse than me, and I used it. But gold made it easy to eliminate the consequences of their mistakes and miscalculations. As a result, he learned a lot by the end of the game. Subsequently, in a tournament without gold, he even took 2nd place
  • Gentlemen,

I have closed this thread for breaking some of our most important forum rules.

1. Gold denounce is NOT allowed and it is NOT a forum cheating. Gold is a game resource like another fully available to ALL players.
    2. In addition the blacklisting of other players is a heavy rule-break as you go out to name and shame others and therefore ruin their game experience by initiating a witch-hunt against them and then make their CoW experience less fun and this is a form of bullying.

I have had to issue warnings here for these rule-break which were not really needed as the rules are clear to see in the forum and I know most of you have seen these rules already!

This thread is now CLOSED!!
    Chánfucius
    Community Support