New Map Idea!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Map Idea!!!

I think a great idea would be to have a Middle East/ Muslim countries map.

This map would include the following countries:

Turkey
      Syria
      Iraq
      Saudi Arabia
      Iran
      Afghanistan
      Pakistan
      Egypt
      Libya

You could also make new countries such as current day Yemen, Oman, Jordan and even Israel part of the new map.

The following oceans should also be available in the map:

Black Sea
      Mediterranean Sea
      Red Sea
      Gulf of Aden
      Arabian Sea
      Persian Gulf
    • Many important battles took place in Africa and middle east, but most of those countries were occupied at that time, they probably wouldn't want to join in such a war on their own will, either way it was a world war so I see no reason that prevents such a map from being made.

A few side notes :)

1) "Persian gulf" is most commonly known as "Arabian gulf" in the middle east area

2) Israel didn't even exist at that time (according to Wikipedia)

3) " ...countries such as...Israel..." Many people would disagree with you on that statement :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by medhat_2000 ().

• Ok my first point....the game is called Call of War...not Call of WW2, so what does WW2 have to do with a Middle East map idea? Lol

Obviously the game is built around WW2 but it's not 100% WW2 24/7

My second point.... they didn't have nuclear missles in WW2 either, but this game has them don't they? Lol

3rd point... yes those countries were governed/ colonized by the British th empire but they still sent men to either defend the British or in some cases help the nazi's. (Again this game is not named Call of WW2) lol

4th point.... if you play a 100 person map, why isn't half the world owned by the British Empire in every map? That how is was in WW2 wasn't it?? Lol

#BigWW2HistoryBuffHere!
    • Peachez wrote:

Ok my first point....the game is called Call of War...not Call of WW2, so what does WW2 have to do with a Middle East map idea? Lol

Obviously the game is built around WW2 but it's not 100% WW2 24/7

My second point.... they didn't have nuclear missles in WW2 either, but this game has them don't they? Lol

3rd point... yes those countries were governed/ colonized by the British th empire but they still sent men to either defend the British or in some cases help the nazi's. (Again this game is not named Call of WW2) lol

4th point.... if you play a 100 person map, why isn't half the world owned by the British Empire in every map? That how is was in WW2 wasn't it?? Lol

#BigWW2HistoryBuffHere!
      British Emp had already lost quite some land by the time WW2 broke out. France had the biggest empire then
    • VIRVCOBRV wrote:

British Emp had already lost quite some land by the time WW2 broke out. France had the biggest empire then
      Virv, between 1783 and 1945, the only piece of the British Empire lost was the southern 80% of Ireland, which became an autonomous dominion within the empire in 1922 ("Irish Free State") and then an independent republic in 1937 ("Eire"). It was not until 1947, however, that the empire really started to unravel when the independence of India and Pakistan were recognized. Prior to 1947, the British Empire was always geographically larger and far more populous than the French empire.
    • Oh, and I just did a quick google search ---- at its peak in 1920 (including Ireland), the British Empire included roughly 24% of the world's landmass and approximately 23% of its population. That said, by the outbreak of WWII, the empire was not monolithic, and the most economically valuable pieces (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa) were already self-governing dominions.
    • All of that isn't really important when deciding a new map, fun and balance (and only a small amount of realism :)) is what counts, we already have many countries that have never really existed at all

The question when designing a new map is "what will this map add that is not in the game?"

For this particular idea I think the huge importance of controlling many narrow waterways is really interesting
    • I think it could be an interesting map. And those of you that say it isn't historic don't have to like it. The America Homefront map isn't historic either, but it is interesting to play.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Oh, and I just did a quick google search ---- at its peak in 1920 (including Ireland), the British Empire included roughly 24% of the world's landmass and approximately 23% of its population. That said, by the outbreak of WWII, the empire was not monolithic, and the most economically valuable pieces (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa) were already self-governing dominions.
      That's mainly what i actually meant. Thx for bringing some reearch into this tho
    • medhat_2000 wrote:

injinji wrote:

if you say so, lets add an Antarctica map too :00000436:
      I think it would be awesome to watch allies giving directions to each other on such a map
      "All right, fire the rocket on the enemy city to the north of your troops"
      "Ok, done"
      "DUDE, NO, THE OTHER NORTH :wallbash "

:D :D :D
      Dream came true.
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • injinji wrote:

Bad idea, Middle East countries were neutral in WW2.
      I mean Italy had control of Libya and Egypt was under UK control, so maybe an Africa map instead?

medhat_2000 wrote:

I think it would be awesome to watch allies giving directions to each other on such a map

"All right, fire the rocket on the enemy city to the north of your troops"
      "Ok, done"
      "DUDE, NO, THE OTHER NORTH "
      Only 1 problem with that, the developers made the top of the map north, left of the map east, right of the map east and the bottom of the map south.
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower