Trade cheating

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• No, resource pushing is not allowed. 10k resources traded for $1 -- once is one thing, if you are caught pushing mass amounts of resources through games, you (and your partner) will be expelled from said games, and may even lose your accounts.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • MontanaBB wrote:

WiseOdin wrote:

No, resource pushing is not allowed. 10k resources traded for $1 -- once is one thing, if you are caught pushing mass amounts of resources through games, you (and your partner) will be expelled from said games, and may even lose your accounts.
      How is that any different than transmitting resources through the in-game trading system?
      It isn't. If a player is asking to buy rare materials at, say, 1 money, and you sell him a whole bunch, that is certainly a red flag. There is a line between working together, and using other accounts to make sure one wins.
    • When I have been paired with strong allies, we have freely traded -- and freely given with no consideration in trade -- necessary resources and units. Very often, two countries are naturally paired as allies, when one has greater production of one resource, and vice versa (e.g., Canada and Northern States of America on the 22-player map). Never has the idea been to promote one player to be the winner, but to be a good ally, promote the team, and let the chips fall where they may to see whether the individual allies finish first or second based on who is in a stronger position to finish first at the end. Usually, I have played with a single ally, but on the 50-player Pacific map, I have also played with 3 and 4-player alliances.

In one case, I sent my entire air force into battle to save my ally, and then rebuilt half of his army when he got mauled by a simultaneous attack by three other players -- and I ultimately finished first, and my ally second. When you go through something like that with another player, you cannot buy that kind of loyalty.

If that's "cheating," I'm guilty as hell. I've finished first in 9 games, and second in 7 more, and in all but one of those games, I have had strong allies and we have shared units and resources freely. Not to promote a single player, but to promote the alliance. And in my opinion, frankly, that's how it should be.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• when in alliance why is it cheating to boost one player? it is different to have second accounts boostin one, however, in terms of strategy since everybody is allowed to do it why you can not send resources to a player for either defensive or offensive reasons?

for example if someone has france and Germany, Italy, Uk and Spain are enemies. should coallition let him die instead of helping with resources?
    • cchyt wrote:

when in alliance why is it cheating to boost one player? it is different to have second accounts boostin one, however, in terms of strategy since everybody is allowed to do it why you can not send resources to a player for either defensive or offensive reasons?

for example if someone has france and Germany, Italy, Uk and Spain are enemies. should coallition let him die instead of helping with resources?
      true, some countries in ww2 did that
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • cchyt wrote:

Excellent question.

No doubt this "policy" started because of a situation in which several players joined the game of a friend only to "push resources" to one player in order to help him win. Somewhere in this discussion, however, WiseOdin (and others) seem to have lost the thread . . . .

That is entirely different from a legitimate alliance in which two or more players are competing to win the game, but are also mutually supporting each other against all others. That's called being good allies. A scenario in which one or more players join a game simply to push all or substantially all of their resources to another player, and not compete for themselves, only to promote the designated player's chances of winning . . . well, that's something else all together different and it is, in my opinion, cheating.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MontanaBB ().

• im so confused on this. i guess that having friends join and giving resources would be "wolfpacking", and indeed against the rules. Or using multi accounts to give ones self is of course against the rules. but, if i decide to say "hey montana, Ill give u 10000 oil if u attack x country", that should not be called cheating.
      “I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis Khan
    • MontanaBB wrote:

That is entirely different from a legitimate alliance in which two or more players are competing to win the game, but are also mutually supporting each other against all others. That's called being good allies. A scenario in which one or more players join a game simply to push all or substantially all of their resources to another player, and not compete for themselves, only to promote the designated player's chances of winning . . . well, that's something else all together different and it is, in my opinion, cheating.
      This is the point I was trying to raise, and absolutely should have been more clear with how I worded it. Trading resources is not against the rules, nor is helping an ally by giving them free resources to fortify a front or push back an offensive in a collective war.
      Having one account; whether yours or an.. erm.. Friend's, that is specifically there to help another account by pushing resources, land, or armies? That is cheating and is not allowed.

Also, yes, I "lost the thread," or at least had one heck of a weekend :whistling: apologies for the delay in a reply.
    • Would this spy report be considered "strong evidence" of resource pushing?

Last personal trade:
      Right of Way
      -
      Right of Way successful
      46200 Oil
      -
      1 Food successful
      104000 Metal
      -
      1 Food successful
      4500 Rare materials
      -
      1 Food successful
      13000 Food
      -
      1 Metal successful
      21000 Goods
      -
      1 Food successful

-
      1 Food successful
      Alta
      -
      1 Food successful
      300000 Food
      -
      Right of Way successful
      100000 Oil
      -
      Right of Way successful
      Right of Way
      -
      Share Map successful
      Right of Way
      -
      Right of Way successful
      10000 Metal
      -
      Share Map successful
      20000 Oil
      -
      Share Map successful
      Varna
      -
      Peace successful
      Peace
      -
      Peace successful
      Peace
      -
      Peace successful
      Oslo
      -
      1 Money successful
      3614 Rare materials
      -
      Right of Way successful
      100000 Money
      -
      Right of Way successful
      100000 Money
      -
      Right of Way successful
      100000 Money
      -
      Right of Way successful
      100000 Money
      -
      Right of Way successful
      21241 Goods
      -
      Right of Way successful
      100000 Money
      -
      Right of Way successful
      100000 Money
      -
      Right of Way successful
      Peace
      -
      Peace successful
      30000 Metal
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Food
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Goods
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Metal
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Metal
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Metal
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Metal
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Metal
      -
      Right of Way successful
      21476 Oil
      -
      Right of Way successful
      100000 Money
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Oil
      -
      Right of Way successful
      100000 Money
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Goods
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Food
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Food
      -
      Right of Way successful
      30000 Oil
      -
      Right of Way successful
      Minsk
      -
      1 Money successful
      Intercepted communications:

Received from XXXXX

thank. oil, boxes, rocks?

This just happened in game 2487919, was reported, and the game moderator responded with he sees no evidence of cheating.
    • That is because the two players involved were 2 different players, not someone multiaccounting and pushing resources to himself. It was also not a case where a player joined just for the purpose of pushing resources. This was a case where a player felt he was defeated, and gave his resources to his ally before he left the game. That is not considered cheating.
    • Stormbringer50 wrote:

That is because the two players involved were 2 different players, not someone multiaccounting and pushing resources to himself. It was also not a case where a player joined just for the purpose of pushing resources. This was a case where a player felt he was defeated, and gave his resources to his ally before he left the game. That is not considered cheating.
      It's pretty damn close to cheating IMO
    • Spy reports typically only show one side of the transactions, not both. So there could be an equal number of transactions in the other direction that were not revealed by spies.

When my game operators check for signs of cheating they consider the timing of such trades, and other activities between the accused players. I won't reveal all of the things that we look for so as not to tip the cheaters off to our procedures.

If you wish to revisit a case you can send me a message and I can review it.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<