Share Maps - "Flow Downhill" Sharing?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Share Maps - "Flow Downhill" Sharing?

Scenario 1:
      Let's say that I am not sharing maps with anyone. Country A is Sharing Maps with Country B, but Country B is *NOT* Sharing Maps with Country A. If I choose to Share Maps with Country A, does Country B now see my maps now as well? (Obviously, I wouldn't see Country B's Maps.) In other words, will my map "flow downhill" to Country B like this(?):
      Me --> A -->B

Scenario 2:
      Let's say that I am not sharing maps with anyone. Country A is Sharing Maps with Country B, but Country B is *NOT* Sharing Maps with Country A. If Country B Shares Maps with me, will I now see Country A's maps as well? Basically, the same question reversed:
      B --> A --> Me

Scenario 3:
      I'm not sharing maps with anyone. Country A and Country B are Sharing Maps with one another. If I Share Maps with Country A (but not vice versa), do they now Share with Country B (as in Scenario 1 above)? Would the drawing be:
      Me --> A <--> B

Scenario 4:
      I'm not sharing maps with anyone. Country A and Country B are Sharing Maps with one another. If I Share Maps with Country A *and* vice versa, do they Share with Country B (as in Scenario 1 above)? Would the drawing be:
      Me <--> A <--> B

The post was edited 1 time, last by wmeler ().

• Shared intelligence allows you to see the shared maps of other players.

Ill shall present my own scenario:

Lets say you player A is an alliance with players B, C, and D. They all decide to share maps with each other. Player A decides to be a double agent for his alliance, and gives "shared intelligence" to you. By doing this you are now able to see the maps of players A,B,C and D.

Now if you give shared intelligence to another player, you are given your shared map along with any shared map you have received. Makes sense? Hope this helps, good luck! :)
    • Let me try to explain the way it is supposed to work via an example . . .

You have a share-map alliance with Poland. You get to see what is present within Polish core or captured provinces, and whatever Polish units can currently see elsewhere, whether on the sea or within another country's territory.

Poland also has a share-map alliance with Ukraine, but you do not. You can only see those elements of Ukraine's map that individual Polish units can see -- the same thing as if Poland did not have a share-map alliance with Ukraine. You do not ge get to see everything Ukraine sees because it shares its map with Poland (but not you).

There is another level of alliance, "shared intelligence," that is only available to subscribing High Command members. Shared intelligence permits you to see not only what your ally's units can currently see, but what they have previously spotted, and what your ally's spies and other intelligence activities may have revealed.