Cease Fire Diplomatic Stance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have observed that if you have enemy units engaged in battle and you declare "Peace" that the units will still be locked in their fist fight and ignore you, returning to war at their next scheduled round. I wonder if the "Cease Fire" setting is the correct one to halt a unit's attack?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

I wonder if the "Cease Fire" setting is the correct one to halt a unit's attack?
      I tried it once under those exact circumstances (two stacks locked in accidental battle), and declaring a "cease fire" did nothing. Nor did accepting an offer of "peace." We had to get a game operator to separate them.

In a slightly different circumstance, I apparently accidentally attacked an allied stack that was in close proximity to an enemy stack, and started an unintended war between my ally and myself (which was even worse than it sounds, since I was helping to defend my ally from a 4-way enemy attack). I could have lost four wings of 5 tactical bomber squadrons each when they returned to my ally's air base and they were trapped on the ground in convoy form and they were being attacked by his ground units. Fortunately, I was able to ping him while he was having dinner with his wife, and his acceptance of my new offer of a share map alliance ended the combat situation and restored the status quo ante.

I'm sure his wife thought we were a couple of idiots.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Nor did accepting an offer of "peace." We had to get a game operator to separate them.
      In the case I observed an offer of Right Of Way accepted between the two parties ended the cage death-match, allowing them to separate the two armored cars. The units were sent in opposite directions and then peace was offered, as the two players did not trust one another enough for a Right of Way.

MontanaBB wrote:

I'm sure his wife thought we were a couple of idiots
      My wife doesn't understand my addiction to this game either.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<