Victory vs. Retiring

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Victory vs. Retiring

So, I am in a game in which everyone else has gone inactive and I have about 330 of the 770 Victory Points required for Victory. I am bored out of my skull fighting non-elite AI. How much gold would I get if I grind my way (a.k.a. :wallbash ) to 770 vs. just ending via voting to end?

(Also, for some reason, I don't see such a vote as possible like normal. This was set up as a team game, but the other team doesn't even exist anymore as I wiped them from the map. Am I missing something? More interested in the first question about grinding to 770, for what it's worth.)
    • You have 12 more days that count towards your ranking after everyone else leaves a game. You could continue playing after the 12 days. If you continue, I don't know if it counts your effort up to that point towards your ranking or if it just doesn't get counted. If you continue, I don't know whether that affects the gold for VPs that you had earned up that point either. Does any one know? I retired just to play it safe.
    • It doesn't happen that day that you eliminate the 4th player.

Are you sure the 4th player doesn't have one island somewhere? If an active player still has one province it won't trigger.

While on the subject: In a recent game our coalition of 3 finished off the enemy. No retire button that day. Next day there was a retire button, but two of us clicked it, third did not. Following day one member of our coalition was declared inactive. The language of the article said: 2 players left, 2 of 2 have voted to retire, but it did not trigger retirement. Following day I had to withdraw my vote to retire and select it again to actually get the game to retire. It might not be a bug, just throwing that out for any future visitors to this thread looking for answers as to why they can't retire.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Following day one member of our coalition was declared inactive. The language of the article said: 2 players left, 2 of 2 have voted to retire, but it did not trigger retirement. Following day I had to withdraw my vote to retire and select it again to actually get the game to retire. It might not be a bug, just throwing that out for any future visitors to this thread looking for answers as to why they can't retire.
      I think that's the way it works, it's not a bug. I had to do the same a couple of times in the past.
    • Well the exact bug is, that only the event "clicking the button" triggers the procedure "Check if everyone retired" (1/2 going to 2/2). It should also be triggered by the event "Player going inactive" (2/3 going to 2/2). Thus you need to generate the first event, which you can only do by withdrawing and re-clicking the retirement.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.