Operation Blitzkrieg 1939

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Operation Blitzkrieg 1939

Just wanted to say I love the idea for Operation Blitzkrieg 1939.

War is not fair, fought between parties with exactly the same strength, and this new scenario hopefully portrays that effectively.

Well done guys :D

Now if only there was a way to get rid of the Gold advantage, while still allowing the game to be financially supported...
      I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. (The Revelation of John 6:8 ESV)
    • I certainly agree! The warfare seems to have been captured beautifully in this game. My applause towards Bytro as well.

Also...

The Day Raven wrote:

Now if only there was a way to get rid of the Gold advantage, while still allowing the game to be financially supported...

I don't understand why this is even a question. Have game developers gotten amnesia and forgotten that people can buy games??? Games don't have to be free!

That's right folks! Back in the olden days, games were created fairly, without allowing players to pay their way to victory. They were funded because people bought the game. Also, since people had to pay for the game before they started playing, they actually finished matches they started! I know, sounds crazy right? A Call of War game without 80% of the players leaving?! Is that even possible?! *sarcasm*

Seriously though. Games don't have to be free. In fact, games that aren't free are usually better. If you want players to be able to experience the game before buying it, have a free trial period. There's free trial for HC, why not the game?

btw Raven this is directed towards developers in general, not you. Just so you know ;)
    • Gold players usually spam units that are easily counterable, especially in s1914. They all so tend to use it to finish constructions early and increase morale in provinces and their units.

I find using interceptors to recon them helps immensely as you know what they have where and spies help reveal what they've spent gold on.
      British=best. Duh!

• No offense taken salkabus.

I think your points are well made.

In the end, Gold just encourages poor play. At the least, it would be helpful if they limited the amount of Gold you could use each hour/day, so that the effects are minimized.
      I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. (The Revelation of John 6:8 ESV)
    • Gold is alot like the Tiger II tank.

It's a great weapon, and you put your faith in it, but normally you've used it too late for it to be useful.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • The Day Raven wrote:

At the least, it would be helpful if they limited the amount of Gold you could use each hour/day, so that the effects are minimized.
      I understand your frustration. I recently joined two new games, both of them as Algeria. In both of them, Poland was a High Command guy who very clearly spent Gold (and therefore money) on speeding up constructions and building units. He has already clearly won both games because he has a gigantic army, and has invaded 5 playable countries in 8 days. I keep playing because I know the rest of players except Poland and me will leave because they know they can't win. I will finish the games second and get points and stuff. He will finish first and get lots of points, as well as maybe a medal. By the end of the game, he will have spent at least 50 Euros on Gold only for those games (God knows how many games he has running). I will simply walk away and start a new game, but I will have still been second. Like the song of the Beatles, "Let It Be". If he wants to spend 50 Euros to win a game, 'Let it Be'.

P.S. The song, in case you want to hear it :D youtube.com/watch?v=0D5JJZl6MB0
      The past is a foreign country.
    • The Day Raven wrote:

No offense taken salkabus.

I think your points are well made.

In the end, Gold just encourages poor play. At the least, it would be helpful if they limited the amount of Gold you could use each hour/day, so that the effects are minimized.
      True, I'd expect people who try to use gold to guarantee a win just feel cheated when they get destroyed by a better player who learned strategy through early mistakes.

It just amazes me that so many games are created in the free to play market these days, and in every single one there's players complaining about the people who pay their way to victory and seemingly "no way to balance it."

Perhaps Bytro should take a page out of Supercell's book and just have the gold players face each other in games ;)
    • A game like this would unfortunately never work as a pay game as you need the player numbers to keep making matches. Most online/browser games now are free for this reason. Gold players are a necessary evil.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche
    • Yes, 50 bucks that we don't have to spend to buy this game. Anyway, who cares? I think complaining putting down GM players is against the rules so I'm gonna keep my trap shut and just say how awesome they are.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!