Trade embargos to cause a small morale penalty

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trade embargos to cause a small morale penalty

Do you think trade embargos should cause a small morale penalty? 16

The result is only visible to the participants.

Trade embargos are completely usless to players, who hardly make trades and are hardly an annoyance at all when emplaced by AI(do they even do this?).

So to make trade embargos a more effective weapon - just like they were in real life- and keep it simple and intuitive, I think they should cause a very small morale penalty, to a small maximum (Ei. -1 one morale for each country that has embargoed you, to a maximum of 5). This would be just like how being at war affects your morale, however with a much smaller effect. When war is declared with a nation you have embargoed, the trade embargo morale penalty is removed and replaced with the war one. This morale penalty would be added to the current trade embargo system of preventing market trades between embargoed countries.

I think this is an effective and simple way of revamping the current trade embargo system, and hope you do as well.
    • Well. trade embargoes should have some effect. As far as I know, all they do is prevent the countries involved from buying each other's resources on the otherwise anonymous commodities market.

I've never actually seen embargoes being used a game, but I have used them from time to identify which players are trying to game the market.
    • Never played an elite AI game, I dont like to spend money. Other then buy all the rare before important dates, I hardly use the market. But even if you use the market a ton, there is far too much time that the current trade embargo system does nothing.

What does "game the market" mean?
    • Oh no, sometimes you have so much money and so few stuff is on the market, you can just buy every offer, not cause you need it, but just so the others don't get it.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.