Frequently Asked Questions

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Frequently Asked Questions

      These are what I copy and paste into the help chat for various questions. Find your problem, read the solution.

      MANUAL / GUIDE


      Field Manual - General Strategy and Tactics - Operational Manual
      Forum Manual


      NO FOOD

      First turn off your barracks, then buy some in the Stock Market. Finally, start building infrastructure to level 3 then build Industrial Complexes to level 5 in your food producing provinces for maximum food production.


      RIGHT OF WAY

      Right of Way allows you to cross through a country without attacking.


      SHARE MAP

      Share Map allows you to see your ally's troop placement and use their air bases as well as crossing through their country without attacking.


      SHARE INTELLIGENCE

      A component of High Command, same as Share Map but also shows spy reports.


      GHOST UNIT

      Units with a ? have either been made into a stack or destroyed in battle. Refresh your page to get rid of them. If you see one in the dim area of your vision circle, it will have to be in the bright section before you can identify the unit(s).


      NON-CORE

      No country gains core provinces. All conquered provinces will suffer the same 75% non-core resource production penalty for the duration of the game.


      UNIT HEAL

      If you move your units to a province you hold with a morale of 33% or greater, their morale shall increase by about to 15% per day.


      HIGH COMMAND

      High Command gives you access to gold games for free, a special HC chat, the ability to queue buildings and production, fire control for ranged units, and the ability to set rally points and share intelligence.


      HUMAN VS INACTIVE VS AI

      To tell AI from humans, go in Diplomacy > Information. Check means active human player, O means inactive, X is AI


      DAMAGE VS UNIT

      Click the i next to the unit in the build or research screen to see what damage it will do against different unit classes.


      MAKE MORE RESOURCES

      To increase resource production in a certain province, build Infrastructure, Industrial Complexes and Naval Bases.


      NAME CHANGE

      You cannot change your name.


      QUIT A GAME

      Just stop playing. In 2 days you'll go inactive. You could archive it Main Page > Games > My Games, click the i in the upper right corner of the game then Send to Archive.


      TAKE A CAPITAL

      You lower the morale in all of their provinces while increasing your own and get half their cash. This process can be repeated.


      CHAT RULES

      Chat Rules.


      Hope these help. If you think of others that aren't on here that could help many, feel free to suggest below.

      The post was edited 5 times, last by Phoenix King ().

    • Phoenix King wrote:

      UNIT HEAL

      If you move your units to a province you hold with a morale of 50% or greater, their morale shall increase by up to 15% per day. The higher the morale of the province, the higher the heal rate.
      Hello, it's possibile to clarify this point?

      It's 15% of the actual morale? Eg. Unit is at 50% of morale, increase is (50*0.15) = 7.5% a day.

      Or it's 15% absolute value? Eg. Unit is at 50% of morale, increase is 15% a day.

      What if province is not at 100%, but 70% for example?

      Thanks.

      Regards.
    • PetrusFons wrote:

      Phoenix King wrote:

      UNIT HEAL

      If you move your units to a province you hold with a morale of 50% or greater, their morale shall increase by up to 15% per day. The higher the morale of the province, the higher the heal rate.
      Hello, it's possibile to clarify this point?
      It's 15% of the actual morale? Eg. Unit is at 50% of morale, increase is (50*0.15) = 7.5% a day.

      Or it's 15% absolute value? Eg. Unit is at 50% of morale, increase is 15% a day.

      What if province is not at 100%, but 70% for example?

      Thanks.

      Regards.
      It is the absolute value, yes.

      Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

      Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

    • PetrusFons wrote:

      Phoenix King wrote:

      UNIT HEAL

      If you move your units to a province you hold with a morale of 50% or greater, their morale shall increase by up to 15% per day. The higher the morale of the province, the higher the heal rate.
      Hello, it's possibile to clarify this point?
      It's 15% of the actual morale? Eg. Unit is at 50% of morale, increase is (50*0.15) = 7.5% a day.

      Or it's 15% absolute value? Eg. Unit is at 50% of morale, increase is 15% a day.

      What if province is not at 100%, but 70% for example?

      Thanks.

      Regards.
      Let me stress here that healing is *up to* 15% per day in provinces with high morale. The amount of heal can and will vary and 15% is the maximum. Fortresses enhance this effect.

      Example: Unit/stack at 55% parked in a province with 100% morale for one day, it will be 70% at day change. If it remains parked for another day change, it should be 85%. These are not guarantees, only if the maximum healing is granted.
    • I have watched unit healing very closely and I am pretty much positive you're wrong about how much healing units do. A moderator asked me to submit my evidence to the forum but I don't have time for that right now. But I will explain it and you can verify I'm right on your own.

      Units heal approximately 15% of their damage at day change. It is always approximately 15%. Sometimes it is more than 15 percent OF THE DAMAGE. Sometimes it is less and I suspect the variation is due to rounding. But the rounding itself might be randomly determined. My evidence shows rounding is sometimes rounded up and sometimes rounded down without regard to the size of the fraction. In other words, .01 might get rounded up and .99 might get rounded down. I have made my calculations based on unit health rather than morale due to the fact that morale is likely calculated off health. That might not be the case. But I have had 3 LT grouped together that I separated and watched individually which all displayed the same HP but different morale. One had 81% the others had 82% but all three displayed the same HP. This leads me to believe their HP are stored to a decimal beyond one factor of 10. In other words, their HP are possibly stored to .01 or .001 but only displayed at .1.

      How much is their damage? Damage = max unit health - current health. They heal 15% of their damage.

      Do units have to be in 50% morale+ territories? No, they heal just as well in a 0 morale territory as far as I can see. Its 15% no matter how you cut it. However, if they are damaged they might more easily be overpowered by an uprising. That I do not know.

      What effects do forts have? I have not seen that forts have any effect whatsoever. That being said, I'm fairly new, I have few forts, I don't have a lot of fort data, and I haven't looked closely at the fort data I have. (I haven't had time) I'm not saying forts don't have an effect. I just haven't seen that forts have any effect.

      Do units need to be in the center of the space on the dot? Nope, I see no evidence their healing is any different if they're prone in the center or walking at the edge. The only place they need to be is in friendly territory. Actually I have yet to have an ally with RoW so maybe they have to be in your own territory not just friendly territory.

      Do units heal to 100%? I post this question because I have seen many people say that they don't. Yet I have had a unit heal to 100%. 15% of .1 health isn't much. It may take multiple turns to get to heal that last little bit. Or it might be based on luck. I.e. maybe it is that you have a 15% chance of healing that last .1 health on a 10HP unit. My unit that healed to 100 was only at 99 morale and short .1 HP for 2 turns. That leads me to believe that healing is based on chance. If it were based on healing 15% of a number calculated to 2 or 3 decimal places it should have taken longer than that.

      I have also seen units in the 90's morale not heal any HP. Its only happened twice below 99% morale in over 150 trials. Again, maybe that is due to chance or maybe its due to HP actually being stored to 2 or 3 decimals.

      I have heard someone say he's seen units actually lose health without fighting. I haven't seen it. And the first thing that came to my mind was that the unit might have been damaged from an uprising. The other person seemed pretty sure that wasn't the case. I also wonder if he just wrote down his data wrong. I made some mistakes collecting mine and had to throw out some results.

      If I put my mind and time to the task I'm pretty sure I will figure it all out. Until then, test what I've said and see that its true for yourself. Here's the formula. healing = health + (damage * .15)(rounded up or down)
    • Out of 150-160 trials I had
      1 time a unit didn't heal at all (because it was close to full health already)
      1 time a unit healed 6ish%
      1 time a unit healed 9ish%
      3x a unit healed 10ish%
      sometimes over 15%
      one time 25%
      and every other time it healed right at about 15%

      the times it healed anything other than 15% were when it was close to full health. The only reason units near full health heal more or less than 15% is because of rounding.
    • Vigor555 wrote:

      I have watched unit healing very closely and I am pretty much positive you're wrong about how much healing units do. A moderator asked me to submit my evidence to the forum but I don't have time for that right now. But I will explain it and you can verify I'm right on your own.

      Units heal approximately 15% of their damage at day change. It is always approximately 15%. Sometimes it is more than 15 percent OF THE DAMAGE. Sometimes it is less and I suspect the variation is due to rounding. But the rounding itself might be randomly determined. My evidence shows rounding is sometimes rounded up and sometimes rounded down without regard to the size of the fraction. In other words, .01 might get rounded up and .99 might get rounded down. I have made my calculations based on unit health rather than morale due to the fact that morale is likely calculated off health. That might not be the case. But I have had 3 LT grouped together that I separated and watched individually which all displayed the same HP but different morale. One had 81% the others had 82% but all three displayed the same HP. This leads me to believe their HP are stored to a decimal beyond one factor of 10. In other words, their HP are possibly stored to .01 or .001 but only displayed at .1.

      How much is their damage? Damage = max unit health - current health. They heal 15% of their damage.

      Do units have to be in 50% morale+ territories? No, they heal just as well in a 0 morale territory as far as I can see. Its 15% no matter how you cut it. However, if they are damaged they might more easily be overpowered by an uprising. That I do not know.

      What effects do forts have? I have not seen that forts have any effect whatsoever. That being said, I'm fairly new, I have few forts, I don't have a lot of fort data, and I haven't looked closely at the fort data I have. (I haven't had time) I'm not saying forts don't have an effect. I just haven't seen that forts have any effect.

      Do units need to be in the center of the space on the dot? Nope, I see no evidence their healing is any different if they're prone in the center or walking at the edge. The only place they need to be is in friendly territory. Actually I have yet to have an ally with RoW so maybe they have to be in your own territory not just friendly territory.

      Do units heal to 100%? I post this question because I have seen many people say that they don't. Yet I have had a unit heal to 100%. 15% of .1 health isn't much. It may take multiple turns to get to heal that last little bit. Or it might be based on luck. I.e. maybe it is that you have a 15% chance of healing that last .1 health on a 10HP unit. My unit that healed to 100 was only at 99 morale and short .1 HP for 2 turns. That leads me to believe that healing is based on chance. If it were based on healing 15% of a number calculated to 2 or 3 decimal places it should have taken longer than that.

      I have also seen units in the 90's morale not heal any HP. Its only happened twice below 99% morale in over 150 trials. Again, maybe that is due to chance or maybe its due to HP actually being stored to 2 or 3 decimals.

      I have heard someone say he's seen units actually lose health without fighting. I haven't seen it. And the first thing that came to my mind was that the unit might have been damaged from an uprising. The other person seemed pretty sure that wasn't the case. I also wonder if he just wrote down his data wrong. I made some mistakes collecting mine and had to throw out some results.

      If I put my mind and time to the task I'm pretty sure I will figure it all out. Until then, test what I've said and see that its true for yourself. Here's the formula. healing = health + (damage * .15)(rounded up or down)
      I also did a few tests, but not so many assuming yours are correct. Fro what I noticed from my tests they are correct.

      - I reproduced healing 15% of the missing health at day change.
      - The province moral didn't influence healing.
      - Forts and capital didn't influence healing.
      - Land units can only heal on your own provinces, not on enemies, neutrals, ROW, or shared map.
      - Land units don't heal on the water.
      - Submarines heal on the water. I didn't test for ships, but I assume it is the same.

      Questions left:
      - DO ships also heal on the water?
      - DO planes heal while in the air?

      I'll try these asap. If there are any other things anybode wants to test, let me know so I can do it at the same time.
    • I have seen planes heal in the air, at least in some cases. I believe as long as they are flying or patrolling from your own airfield. Maybe not if they are flying to attack, but I think I remember seeing them heal when returning from attack at day change (that may have been after enemy was destroyed), but not 100% sure. I have definitely observed destroyers heal in the water. Your other observations are consistent with what I've seen.

      Some things to test.
      1. plane flying from own to RoW field
      2. plane flying from RoW field to own
      3. plane landed at RoW field
      4. plane patrolling from own field over own territory
      5. plane patrolling from own field over RoW territory
      6. plane patrolling from own field over enemy territory
      7. plane attacking target in own prov
      8. plane attacking target in enemy prov
      9. plane returning from attack when target still alive
      10. plane returning from attack when target is dead
      11. plane patrolling over enemy unit before first 15 minutes
      12. plane patrolling over enemy unit after first 15 minutes

      The post was edited 1 time, last by DxC ().