Rocket battery destroys tanks!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DxC wrote:

You should tell your tank operators to not run over the rockets.
      Well, in real life, running over a fully-fueled missile with a tank would probably lead to a large explosion and fire, and a cremated tank crew. I don't think anything like that is supposed to occur in Call of War, however. Aircraft units (including rocket units) trapped on the ground in combat with enemy ground units simply expire when their hit points are exhausted, with no damage inflicted on the ground units by the grounded aircraft convoy.

@Njx: I am sure DxC knows this already, but the quickest, most efficient ways to kill enemy rockets are by (a) striking them with 5-squadron stacks of your own high-level interceptors (fighters) or (b) using your own rockets in a counter-strike. Rockets are members of the "aircraft" armor class, and like all aircraft, unprotected rockets are most vulnerable to attack by fighters. My answer may change if the rocket(s) are supported by enemy anti-aircraft units or enemy fighter cover.
    • guys may not recall, but about 6 months ago more or less I reported that i captured a prov right after it had fired a rocket. when i capped the prov, the rocket CAME BACK to the province and turned into a convoy truck, which of course i destroyed. We all agreed it was because rockets were being coded like aircraft. I believe this is a similar glitch.

Also discussed in the past was the point that aircraft on the ground, but not refueling, would defend just as if they were in the air (still peeved about that one, but that is the way it is). So, obviously, the rockets being treated as if they were aircraft got in their defensive strike, just as if they were interceptors or whatever.

Also, I had this exact type of thing happen too, and I didnt bother reporting it, because I know they are not going to reprogram or change anything like this because they didnt the first time.
      “I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis Khan
    • DxC wrote:

They probably retain their air unit stats when in ground melee like planes.
      True dat. Aircraft units on the ground can defend themselves from enemy aircraft units with their full air unit stats. But once they are converted into aircraft ground convoys I don't believe they have any defensive capacity to inflict damage on enemy ground units.
    • Dixie wrote:

So, obviously, the rockets being treated as if they were aircraft got in their defensive strike, just as if they were interceptors or whatever.
      They may retain their air class status when attacked in melee, but like the OP pointed out, they have no defensive stat vs armor. Perhaps the defender came on and ordered the rockets in melee to attack the tanks. That seems like a reasonable possibility.
    • @DxC: It's been a while since I have caught both enemy ground and enemy aircraft units at same location at the same time. As I recall, however, the enemy aircraft units were not converted into a defenseless aircraft ground convoy until the defending enemy ground units were destroyed. If memory serves, I believe I have witnessed enemy aircraft units fly away and escape in that scenario. Analogously, I would expect rockets could still attack in the same scenario.

In any case, a single rocket strike should not kill three light tank units (60 hit points). Rockets are just not that efficient against ground units. I find it often takes two rockets to kill a single stand-alone infantry regiment. They do seem to be more efficient against large ground unit stacks than singles.
    • im saying that its hard to reason out because there are glitches in the game that defy reason. it may not matter if the rocket is supposed to have a defensive value or not. rockets arent supposed to even re-target once fired, much less return to the prov they were fired from after the prov was captured. but it happened.
      “I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis Khan
    • and i have had the same thing happen as the op. i got all excited attacking a prov while catching enemy rockets on the ground undefended. the rockets took me out. they should have turned into convoy trucks, but they didnt

Genghis Khan
    • Dixie wrote:

rockets arent supposed to even re-target once fired, much less return to the prov they were fired from after the prov was captured. but it happened.
      Well, yeah, chief, that's just WEIRD. Even the developers won't believe that story until they see it for themselves. Shoot, Dix, I wouldn't believe your story if it were some rookie telling and not you.

Dixie wrote:

and i have had the same thing happen as the op. i got all excited attacking a prov while catching enemy rockets on the ground undefended. the rockets took me out. they should have turned into convoy trucks, but they didnt
      Well, if this is something that happens with any frequency at all, I guess that reinforces the point about using your fighters to kill un-launched enemy rockets on the ground. It's almost a completely free hit if there are no enemy ground units present.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

@DxC: It's been a while since I have caught both enemy ground and enemy aircraft units at same location at the same time. As I recall, however, the enemy aircraft units were not converted into a defenseless aircraft ground convoy until the defending enemy ground units were destroyed. If memory serves, I believe I have witnessed enemy aircraft units fly away and escape in that scenario. Analogously, I would expect rockets could still attack in the same scenario.
      Yeah, that's how it used to be. Recently though, I've had TWO occassions where aircraft were trucked the moment the airbase was touched by enemy ground units, even though the city was defended and the defenders held off the attacker's initial assault.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Nope, the base was still operational.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

MontanaBB wrote:

@DxC: It's been a while since I have caught both enemy ground and enemy aircraft units at same location at the same time. As I recall, however, the enemy aircraft units were not converted into a defenseless aircraft ground convoy until the defending enemy ground units were destroyed. If memory serves, I believe I have witnessed enemy aircraft units fly away and escape in that scenario. Analogously, I would expect rockets could still attack in the same scenario.
      Yeah, that's how it used to be. Recently though, I've had TWO occassions where aircraft were trucked the moment the airbase was touched by enemy ground units, even though the city was defended and the defenders held off the attacker's initial assault.
      did that start after the "controlled airspace" update? it seems that when any update is done there are new glitches to experience.

Genghis Khan
    • DxC wrote:

Maybe they remain as planes until they feel some damage, then they are like, holy cow that hurt, I think I'll turn into a convoy. Random improbable hypothesis ...
      Lol, as if turning into a convoy would keep them safer in ANY way at all...)))

Dixie wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

MontanaBB wrote:

did that start after the "controlled airspace" update? it seems that when any update is done there are new glitches to experience.
      I'm not completely sure, I'm mixing FP with regular games... but they were both less than three weeks ago. Argh, memory and age and all that...
      - BIG DADDY.