More units and naming units and cities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• More units and naming units and cities

I love this game but i wish I can name my divisions,regiments,ships and cities. I also want more units such as paratroopers that are good against infrantry and are terrible against armor that work similar to the aircraft carrier but you have to research a type of plane . A second unit i want are stormtroopers that work great in attacking cities and forts. The last unit I want in the game are flamethrowers that can take cities and plains
    • Dramos wrote:

I love this game but i wish I can name my divisions,regiments,ships and cities. I also want more units such as paratroopers that are good against infrantry and are terrible against armor that work similar to the aircraft carrier but you have to research a type of plane . A second unit i want are stormtroopers that work great in attacking cities and forts. The last unit I want in the game are flamethrowers that can take cities and plains
      For attacking cites, you already have motorized infantry and mech infantry besides infantry, anti-air, and anti-tank.
    • Realistically how much good are paratroopers going to be?

Range will be limited to about what a tac bomber would have, so you need an airbase close to the front.

For balance it will need to have some "disembark" time like a naval convoy, even if it is an hour, that will give some time to respond. An interceptor on patrol would likely make confetti out of your parachutes.

So you have a couple lone infantry types behind the enemy lines, big deal. If your enemy is big, scary, coordinated, and attentive your couple lone infantry won't stand a chance. If your enemy is none of those things why the worry about skipping over two provinces?

The only thing you have gained maybe is that the enemy has to split up his force to chase you down. I don't see that as a great advantage. You aren't able to support your paratroopers with other ground forces, so at best you can hope to control the battlefield with air support while your lone commando takes control of a province. A couple of antiair behind the enemy lines will pretty much ruin your attempt.

I think they would be about as much good as a nuke bomber. Fragile enough that the enemy can counter easily, and not really as powerful as you expect when you do set it off.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Dramos wrote:

Good for you!
    • pod_than wrote:

Dramos wrote:

Good for you!
      My man this was over half a dozen years ago! 60% of a decade! Within the last decade!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate