Personalities playing CoW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Personalities playing CoW

Hello all,

Currently I am looking to acknowledge a personal hypotheses. Just for fun of course, but you can also learn a great deal about yourself while having this fun.

Perhaps some of you know it, but I found myself being very much intrigued by the Myers Briggs theory. It explains who you are based on a series of questions. For me personally it seemed to fit 80%+, far more than any other random personality test out there.

My guestimate is, that there are a lot of Introverted Intuitive Thinkers out there that play this game.

"Then what the hell miech, what are you blabbering about?"

Simple, go to 16personalities.com and do the test (takes roughly 10 minutes). And post the results here.

As OP, Ill gladly start - I have the letters INTP, while I am close to ENTP. Sounds weird? Take the test, read the results and be amazed how it fits you. That of course, if you are honest about your answers (or it doesnt work). Do NOT answer based on what you think society wants you to answer, only you can formulate the right answer.

Discussions more than welcome.

The post was edited 2 times, last by miech: bollocks, discoverd a typo ().

• DxC wrote:

miech wrote:

For me personally it seemed to fit 80%+
      80% of what? Your subjective evaluation of your personality?
      Well, yes. I understand the deeper sarcasm of your post, but thats basically it. Nothing is 100% objective. Id like to think I know how my own mind works. The test explained to me the why.

Didnt Einstein say that all is relative, except relativity? I can draw the line to this, everything is subjective, there is no absolute truth.

@Nicky, ah, a fellow NTP:), discussions with ENTPs are great.
    • Yup, INTP here. T isn't very strong though.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Seems to fit you Roko:).

For me its the I/E and also P/J that are closer to the middle. My N is obscenely high though (90%). It helped me overcome communication issues I sometimes have/had people that prefer the Sensor ways, since I learned how théir mind works and why. It will never be perfect though, they have their preference as I have mine.

Ok, so far only NT types here, but too soon to have a definitive verdict obviously.
    • miech I didn't save my results and I am now wishing I had looked at them in greater depth instead of skimming through them . I may go and do the test again as the results will be the same as I answered them honestly and never once thought "How would society like me to reply?"

I am also curious to what type of personalities populate this game and wonder if there is a dominant personality type or whether it is a broad base of personalities with no overwhelming type .
      "Warning may contain a nut"
    • Nicky: Just go to the website and click the personality and you can find the 8 or so pages of explanations. In the past I scored ENTP as well on occasion, and I understand a lot of the why of your type. INTP fits me better though, because it had a lot more wtf moments for me:D You can find a lot more on the internet (tip: search memes related to your type for a very good laugh).

FayelsBae: you agree (the most) with the one you pick. I think its good you are forced to go with 1 choice, instead of a 1-5 scale. Though, I admit in some cases I truly cant pick, as I do differently in different scenarios. Still, you usually have a preferred choice, regardless of cultural or social conventions.

Nicky: Some types are more common, especially the SJ types (Sensors are more common altogether). Other types are very rare, like INTP and especially INFJ...I wonder if I ever met one of the latter, I think a childhood friend was probably one.

I expected the NT types to be more prevalent here, and here is why. NTs in particular seem to like strategy games a lot, where there are a lot of what ifs, but there is also, at the core, a certain system begging to be discovered and (ab)used.

Ask your random SJ type (you will soon learn to recognise them) about things like strategy games or abstract science and they run away.

Still, I hope that in this thread a Sensor will appear, just to prove me wrong (and tell me all about it;) )
    • injinji wrote:

I don't know if this will help, but my IQ is 104
      Type and IQ dont have anything to do with each other, though certain types seem to have on average a higher IQ. The follow up question I once read about that, is "are those types just better at making IQ tests, or are they really smarter?" Also, some types seem to do better in terms of careers - and you would be surprised how some high IQ types do poorly in careers and vice versa

Because I dont want to say 1 type is better than one of the others, Id rather not delve into the IQ part of the discussion. All types have their qualities ánd weaknesses.
    • INFP huh, love you guys, my best friend is also one. You always seem to have a knack understanding other people, while not explicitly expressing that you do.

edit: it explains partly why you like your wall of texts on occasion huh:). Written communications ftw and all.

The post was edited 1 time, last by miech ().

• miech wrote:

Cool link, I agree with it partially.

The INFP I have my doubts about - but I have only 1 guy I know to compare it with (and he hates RPGs, more into shooters, racers and GTA).

Still a fun read, thank you
      GTA is it's own genre now?
      Drank some tea and is now ready to kill in Alms name.
    • FayeIsBae wrote:

miech wrote:

Cool link, I agree with it partially.

The INFP I have my doubts about - but I have only 1 guy I know to compare it with (and he hates RPGs, more into shooters, racers and GTA).

Still a fun read, thank you
      GTA is it's own genre now?
      yes it's called Go-To-Australia (I know not my best)
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow