Personalities playing CoW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ive seen some of those, but not this one. What I have read is that most seem to agree that compatibility is usually along the S/N line, but its not definitive. But I agree mostly with what the writer says and the 4 characterisations he gives. I dont know any ENTJs though to test the theory (be it romantic, friendship or business) from my own perspective as INTP
    • Vorlon, you might want to check out the ISTP profile as well, as you are basically 50/50 on the S/N scale. In the end the description is perhaps even more important than the test results themselves, and you might think it is a better fit (or not:) )

Same goes for you Nem, regarding the I/E scale. Regarding your comment, Im not 100% sure, but what they mean with intuitive here is that you do more with your intuition how it 'could' be. Observing (Sensing) has a preference for what 'should' be. On the theory page of the site you, you will find that sensors rely on concrete data (what you can see, touch etc...the 5 senses, the should) and intuitives rely on imagination (the could).
    • Oh I was also wondering... which personality type would most likely have the treat "Hates the Myers-Briggs personality model"?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Oh I was also wondering... which personality type would most likely have the treat "Hates the Myers-Briggs personality model"?
      Tried to google it, failed, so im just assuming the following ones with a little wink:

INFJ - Dont put me in a box!
      ISTP - Id rather do a live test, you know, on mount everest
      ESFJ - Go away with your boring test, need to go to a party
      ISFJ - Society already tested me
      ESTJ - Wait, what, this isnt a leadership test, useless
    • I have taken this several times, and I flop between ISTP, the Virtuoso, and the INTP, the logician, depending on what type of mood I am in. It actually kind of make sense, since both are horrible with people(so am I) and like to try crazy things(you should see my armies on the battlefield)
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • NukeRaider33 wrote:

I have taken this several times, and I flop between ISTP, the Virtuoso, and the INTP, the logician, depending on what type of mood I am in. It actually kind of make sense, since both are horrible with people(so am I) and like to try crazy things(you should see my armies on the battlefield)

Just read the descriptions and read between the lines for yourself what you are more comfortable with.

Today I actually thought about stuff, and realise I have been multiple of the 16 throughout my life. Your environment plays a big part in this (ahh, the ever present nature vs nurture discussion. Personally I say 30% nature, 70% nurture).

For instance, as kid I was definitely a true INTP. And I mean the very nerdy stereotypical version (you also have the semi-lighthearted version, which I believe I am now). Yet in my teens I shifted to INTJ, in my early 20ies I was definitely an ENTP.

Guess I devolved:P.

But all sillyness aside. Personally I believe that the description (and doing some research behind the initial description, read blogs, forums etc) ultimately decides where you belong....or you are Divergent -_- (love the movie scenario, movie itself didnt work out very well though)

After all, as you say yourself, your mood or personal situation can influence things somewhat, or you can be a 50/50 type for 1 or more letters. INTP and ISTP differ greatly though, more than, say, INTP and INTJ or ISTP and ESTP. The INTP is basically your standard science geek (think Leonard from Big Bang) and the ISTP is the 'practical engineer try or die' type (think Indiana Jones)

The post was edited 1 time, last by miech: typo, we INTPs are iffy about that stuff;) ().

• miech wrote:

I expected the NT types to be more prevalent here, and here is why. NTs in particular seem to like strategy games a lot, where there are a lot of what ifs, but there is also, at the core, a certain system begging to be discovered and (ab)used.

I suspect that the NT's are much more prevalent with those players that participate in the forums, than overall. Though NT's will likely also make up the vast majority of long-term players of these games, the chances are, by the sheer volume of Sensing types out there, that the bulk of new players will not be NT's. This game is advertised in Facebook, for example, and Sensing types are more apt to use social media than NT's, per se, and so, out of curiosity, they will try out the game...and after they realize that nothing happens quickly, or that it's mostly strategy, they are so unbelievably bored that they just leave.

miech wrote:

*sigh* and still no sensors.

come on sensors, you are the majority in the world with 70-75%, where are you guys?

Again, I think that the Sensing types will rarely check out the forums.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3