Pinned Help! My Account has been Banned?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A quick google search shows that "mcpsmd.net" is the internet domain of the Montgomery County Public Schools, Maryland (U.S.), and one of the first two Google results shows that MCPS students are assigned a unique numerical student ID number, which, together with MCPS domain, forms their email address for their school-related email.

We're really making resolution of these school-related, shared-wifi problems with our multi-account anti-cheating auto-bans harder than it needs to be. At least the two email addresses shown above are separate persons because MCPS does not issue multiple email addresses to the same student.

Bytro Labs and our volunteer administrator staff really need to work out better protocols for dealing with these issues, and, I might add, the response time to these issues here in the forum could use some drastic improvement, too. Moreover, a significant number of these auto-bans could be avoided if you would send specific warning emails to their registered (non-COW) email addresses, rather than relying on the COW message system for the actual warning and sending a generic "you've got COW email" notice to their registered address. Many if not most players are not even aware of the COW message system's existence, and don't know where to find it on the COW home page. I've been playing Call of War for over 18 months, I'm well aware of the COW message system, but unless I'm expecting a COW message from an administrator or another player, I usually don't check my COW messages daily, either.
    • Thank you for replying, I was getting nervous that no one would even care. i have two questions, is this enough proof to get our accounts unbanned. Two, do you have the power to unban them or do we have to talk to someone else. I really need to get back to my games as do my friends. Thanks again :) .
    • Nabster98 wrote:

i have two questions, is this enough proof to get our accounts unbanned. Two, do you have the power to unban them or do we have to talk to someone else.
      @Nabster98: Sorry, fella, but I have no "power" to do anything. I'm just another forum participant like you, not an administrator of any kind.

As I understand it, the administrators look at all available evidence in these cases. That includes logging in at common playing times, different ISPs, ISPs in different geographical locations, different device numbers, different registered email addresses, cross-talk between accounts, and different credit cards (with different names) linked to the accounts. Personally, before I accuse someone of being a multi-account cheater, I also always look at their battle stats and playing styles, too; if one player is clearly a better player and/or focuses on different types of units, that's circumstantial evidence of them being different persons. If one or more accounts seem to be passive or inactive, but are pushing all of the resources to another player, that also starts to smell like evidence of a multi-account cheater.

The starting point in any review of possible multi-account cheating is the ISP address. Obviously that does not work in your favor, and you need to get past that with other evidence. Most importantly, however, you need to get the attention of one of the administrators to work your case.
    • So do you know any Administrators that I can contact? And could I present the emails as evidence instead of an ISP address? I think that me and my friends don't play in the same way so maybe they could take a look at the battle stats like you said. Plus, we all played at school but we also played at home in different locations, using different devices, and wifi networks at home and school. I've also been playing for over a year I think, while my friends have been playing for much shorter so all of that and the emails may be good evidence. I guess I should tell the admins all this instead lol. Sorry for ranting, I'm trying hard right now to get those accounts back.
    • Nabster98 wrote:

Plus, we all played at school but we also played at home in different locations, using different devices, and wifi networks at home and school.
      I would suggest that you get a list of all of your buddies, their user names, their registration (real) names, their registered email addresses, what devices they have used and the locations where they were used. Obviously, you all have used the same wifi network at school, but with multiple devices, presumably one for each of you on the school network, but with no overlap between players. If you can also show that those accounts are using the same or different devices at home, with a different ISP, and again with no overlap between accounts and devices, that should go a long way to resolving this. Also, if any of you have ever purchased "gold" or have a High Command membership, being able to show you used a different credit card with a different name should help too.

Here's two administrators with whom I suggest you talk:

1. @Dr. Leipreachán

2. @WiseOdin

When you get all of your evidence together, I suggest you ping them using the COW message system under the "Messages" tab on the COW home page. Good luck, and I hope it gets sorted.
    • Well I can't really use the COW message system since I can't even get in my account or the home page. But I will use the Forums and PM them. Thank you so much for all the help! I'm just a player that wants to get back to playing lol. Anyways, I'll message this thread if there is anything else that I need help with but thanks again :) :D
    • Hello! finally found in to the forum and this thread. Im writing this here in the forum since no-one seems to answer my email. I got a report on 7 october that i got banned for multi accounting. In the report it gave out the names of my classmates that i play in one server with. The thing is that in the game that we are playing together i created with anti cheat turned off so we could play with the same internet connection. So there is no reason to ban me and my friends by playing a game together with anti cheat setting turned off. The name of the game was the name of the school and password was the name of the classname. You can check up the IP if you want to go that far to see if there is a school named after the game i created. You guys should belive me and unban me and my friends. I don't know why i suddenly got banned by actually not breaking any rules but my guess is that the 2x XP this weekend messed up the nonranked games and therefore banned me and my classmates. This ban has affected me in other games i suppose by me getting inactive and possibly losing land in a big 100player game. I want this solved as soon as possible.
      i hope to get an answer here in the forum or if you can reply on my email.
      Best regards MaximPC
    • Dr. Leipreachán wrote:

Greetings Generals,

If you find that your game account is banned this means it has been banned by the Call of War Support team.

The reason for your ban can come for many different reasons but most commonly it is down to the following;
      1. You were sent a warning by the support team about Multi accounts and refused to reply.
      2. You were asked by the support team to submit 3 new username choices as your current name violated our game rules and/or Terms of Service.
      Note: When it is one of the above reasons, you are given plenty of notice and no reply within 3 days (72hrs) will lead to your account been banned.
      • You have been rude/insulting towards members of the support team. This will usually come after you have been given a warning not to insult support and to be respectful/polite.
      • You have cheated in our game a rule we take seriously and you have been banned without warning.
      In any of these cases account bans are preventable. But if you find yourself banned please reply to this thread and we will look into this for you, and if you were unfairly banned you wull be unbanned and if you were fairly banned, we will inform you of reason.

Once you reply here you will be sent a Forum Conversation as soon as is possible dealing with your issue, which can be resolved

Note: Ignorance is no excuse you get mail sent to your game account and a message is also sent to your registered email address. It is then in your own interest to reply to that mail as soon as you get it and NOT ignore the support team.

Your CoW Support team!

Hello I was on a school network along with some other accounts who were my friends like Gorski_1945 Magicguyman and my account Sirbungboi. We also did all not get the warning email saying we would be banned for multiple accounts
    • Jay6209 wrote:

I, along with several friends, commonly play Call of War at school and must have forgotten to set our game we play together to anti-cheat off.
      Just would like to bump this post.

It has been a while and we have drifted into other games since this event in late September, but it would still be nice to be able to play occasionally. And to reiterate, we are peers at school. You can even look into some of the credit card information of some accounts banned in our small cluster and find the account that was spared a ban, Brandon2018, has very much so unique credit information and has held that information for a year or longer I believe.

Thank you again for your time, I understand the wait, it seems you do have quite a bit on your hands in this forum.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jay6209 ().

• Thanks for the bump :P

However we spent a number of days resolving account issues (about 7-8 days) We believe that most accounts are back as normal (except for those that cheated) :thumbsup:

Does anyone in this thread still have a account ban in place? (we are only humsan as such we may have missed someone (we have been working hard on the admin side to assist and have unbanned over 100 accounts so it is possible we may have left someone behind in the wilderness) ;( :?:

All the best
      Chánfucius
      Community Support
    • Hi my account and sons account has been banned no warning. i have messaged to receive no reply and will wait until 72 hours has passed. Previously this has been explained as not a joint account and messages recieved however i have received no warning and just found my sons account playing but not him. In addition my account no longer exists.2 years of hard work gone. I hope someone will reply.

I contacted support via email on both accounts.

This is a new one as the only way i could log in.
    • Hello I have been banned for multiaccount but I have just ONE account if i have a second account i don't know so please do something I realy want to be Unban I start the game the 20/10/2017 and I have be ban the 25/10/2017 i was playing with my friend on 3 games where i was to the day 4 and 3 i also have an other game at the game 5

Please Unban me I just want to be UNBAN
      I am just a player who want to play Call of War with my account
    • well my account was banned:
      - i had one account, one game, no cheat, not being rude...
      - i have not received any worning (was earlier chestion to chose account i want to keep (always chosen the same).
      now I am banned - could You please check and let me know what is the issue with my account?
      this is second day (after yesterday server problem) that i am not able to play...
    • Me and my friends play at school, and the detector false detected us . It showed the choosing thing, but someone else who plays at our school who isn't in our friend group chose, and it banned us all (I also play Conflict of Nations, and it banned me from that too). Could you fix it please? If you need the rest's names, I'm trying to get my friend to email them to me, and I can get them to you. Thanks!

By the way, just a tip: either fix or remove this multi-account ban system, because it obviously isn't working correctly and has more downsides than ups.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThirteenSpades: grammar ().

• Banned From COW Need Help!!!

My username is Ironmann.. with 2 N's and dots A few months ago i used accounts Nimra. and Ironman. with 1 dot for testing in my Multi-Account game now i have been banned. Can you please delete those accounts above and give my account back Ironmann..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ironman.. ().

• Dr. Leipreachán wrote:

Greetings Generals,

If you find that your game account is banned this means it has been banned by the Call of War Support team.

The reason for your ban can come for many different reasons but most commonly it is down to the following;
      1. You were sent a warning by the support team about Multi accounts and refused to reply.
      2. You were asked by the support team to submit 3 new username choices as your current name violated our game rules and/or Terms of Service.
      Note: When it is one of the above reasons, you are given plenty of notice and no reply within 3 days (72hrs) will lead to your account been banned.
      • You have been rude/insulting towards members of the support team. This will usually come after you have been given a warning not to insult support and to be respectful/polite.
      • You have cheated in our game a rule we take seriously and you have been banned without warning.
      In any of these cases account bans are preventable. But if you find yourself banned please reply to this thread and we will look into this for you, and if you were unfairly banned you wull be unbanned and if you were fairly banned, we will inform you of reason.

Once you reply here you will be sent a Forum Conversation as soon as is possible dealing with your issue, which can be resolved

Note: Ignorance is no excuse you get mail sent to your game account and a message is also sent to your registered email address. It is then in your own interest to reply to that mail as soon as you get it and NOT ignore the support team.

Your CoW Support team!

Hi, just quoted so you saw the new ban request things.
    • loopyfantastic wrote:

Hi my account and sons account has been banned no warning. i have messaged to receive no reply and will wait until 72 hours has passed. Previously this has been explained as not a joint account and messages recieved however i have received no warning and just found my sons account playing but not him. In addition my account no longer exists.2 years of hard work gone. I hope someone will reply.

I contacted support via email on both accounts.

This is a new one as the only way i could log in.
      hello, I will contact you privatly to discuss this. I just need some time thanks for the paitence

Lemaire03 wrote:

Hello I have been banned for multiaccount but I have just ONE account if i have a second account i don't know so please do something I realy want to be Unban I start the game the 20/10/2017 and I have be ban the 25/10/2017 i was playing with my friend on 3 games where i was to the day 4 and 3 i also have an other game at the game 5

Please Unban me I just want to be UNBAN
      I am just a player who want to play Call of War with my account
      I will look into this for you :thumbsup:

elv_devastator wrote:

well my account was banned:
      - i had one account, one game, no cheat, not being rude...
      - i have not received any worning (was earlier chestion to chose account i want to keep (always chosen the same).
      now I am banned - could You please check and let me know what is the issue with my account?
      this is second day (after yesterday server problem) that i am not able to play...
      Hi, your account was unbanned by the Polish support team it looks like have fun playing!

ThirteenSpades wrote:

Me and my friends play at school, and the detector false detected us . It showed the choosing thing, but someone else who plays at our school who isn't in our friend group chose, and it banned us all (I also play Conflict of Nations, and it banned me from that too). Could you fix it please? If you need the rest's names, I'm trying to get my friend to email them to me, and I can get them to you. Thanks!

By the way, just a tip: either fix or remove this multi-account ban system, because it obviously isn't working correctly and has more downsides than ups.
      I will look into this :beer: but I would like to state that Conflict of nations and Call of War are operated by 2 different game comapnies with two completely different anticheat mods, however it is possible that your first game was CoW as such any action taken on CoW side will affect you at CoN

Ironman.. wrote:

@Dr. Leipreachán My account Ironmann.. with 2 dots has been banned because a few months ago i used Nimra. and Ironmann. with 1 dot in my Private non ranked game for testing. Can you please Unban Ironmann..
      hiho, this looks like the reason for your ban was because you did break the terms of service as you admit you controlled more than one account;

ToS - Section 4:
      4.3 Each Participant may register for and use one Account only. Registering for and using multiple accounts is strictly prohibited (so-called “multi-accounts”). Breach of this clause may lead to the immediate exclusion of the Participant from the game.

I will look into this for you and reply as soon as possible

All the best

Note: I will temporaily close this thread in order to catch up with the affected accounts.
      Chánfucius
      Community Support