Pinned Help! My Account has been Banned?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Infestor wrote:

Banned for account pushing by ttroutt.
      As I read the rules (there are 3 different reasons in account pushing) it seems like an OK ban.
      Please help me to understand why exactly, so I dont make the same mistake again.
      Send private message to @ttroutt if you have questions abouth your ban.
      You most likely recived mail from him when you got banned, in that mail ypu have all informations abouth who you shall contact.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • RevengeGarlic wrote:

Hello, I was told by a mod I could be unbanned as long as I followed the rules, told them I would, and got no response and haven’t been unbanned. What should I do at this point? (Also, I understand that mods are busy people, but it’s been days).
      To the ban, send a PM or whisper to another mod you meet. You can tell them what happened and ask them to discuss the ban with others if it's unfair. If it really was unfair, it should get to the senior mods.
      Don't have big expectations, though. I will say that EN mods are responsible and if they banned you, you very likely did something bad. You are expected to have read and know the chat rules, which is the reason it may seem unfair to you.

This will be long, but can help:)
      So, read the chat rules. It's intuitive, but a lot of people still refuse to do it. If you can understand the rule's purpose in keeping the chat/forum clean, you will also understand what you shouldn't do not to be banned. That's important to know if you want to stay in this community long-term.
      A quite telling example is the deputy mods rule, which says
      "disciplinary actions by users which lie within the scope of the duties of the moderators and the demanding of bans are frowned upon and may result in a warning or temporary disabling..."
      Based on this, if someone breaks rules and you tell them to stop, you may think you broke the rule. But, find the purpose of the rule...:

If you imitate a mod (use their phrases and like "warning" others) it irritates the other players. Someone pretending to be in the leading position when they're actually not, can disrupt societies severely. People who are otherwise peaceful and healthy for the community can get in rage and you have to ban them along with the deputy mod, or chat would become really negative and unfriendly to players. And banning nice people only damages the community, so it's better to prohibit deputy mods in the first place.

(Just a nerd explanation - skip this: In any society, if you use the benefits of a position you haven't gained, you're basically bypassing evolution. People who are capable of getting the position should be the only ones to use its advantages, as they have proven their superiority. This way, the most skilled/suited people lead the community, so it's more likely to succeed. Superior genes gain advantage and reproduce to replace the weaker - evolution. If the community didn't reject "wannabe" leaders, it would be led by random people and not those who are proven superior, so evolution would stop. The society wouldn't evolve and would get replaced by those which did. For this reason, people have a strong tendency to reject "wannabe mods" and generally anyone who they feel is trying to or already has gained a good position without proving their suitability for it...)

If you're a mod and someone demands a ban or behaves as if they were better at judging the situation than you, it's easy to interpret it as the player thinking you aren't good enough for telling the situation yourself. This behaviour can be very irritating esp. if done in front of other chat users; who could also find it offensive and get angry.
      Mods receive training, and are proven suited for telling when they should ban, so it's disrespectful to demand bans.

Knowing this, you should be able to judge when you're violating the rule. It's similar with other rules, too.
      Some people read chat rules 3 times a day and desperately try not to violate the exact wording of each of them. Realizing rules are there to help the community can change the thinking. You are violating a rule if you cause the problems the rule is trying to prevent. Many rules are intuitive, and you have to judge when your behaviour starts to be disruptive. Only if you can't, the mod will judge for you.
      Good hunting. :D
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hornetkeeper: Not complicated enough - fixed. ().

• Dr. Leipreachán wrote:

Greetings Generals,

If you find that your game account is banned this means it has been banned by the Call of War Support team.

The reason for your ban can come for many different reasons but most commonly it is down to the following;
      1. You were sent a warning by the support team about Multi accounts and refused to reply.
      2. You were asked by the support team to submit 3 new username choices as your current name violated our game rules and/or Terms of Service.
      Note: When it is one of the above reasons, you are given plenty of notice and no reply within 3 days (72hrs) will lead to your account been banned.
      • You have been rude/insulting towards members of the support team. This will usually come after you have been given a warning not to insult support and to be respectful/polite.
      • You have cheated in our game a rule we take seriously and you have been banned without warning.
      In any of these cases account bans are preventable. But if you find yourself banned please reply to this thread and we will look into this for you, and if you were unfairly banned you wull be unbanned and if you were fairly banned, we will inform you of reason.

Once you reply here you will be sent a Forum Conversation as soon as is possible dealing with your issue, which can be resolved

Note: Ignorance is no excuse you get mail sent to your game account and a message is also sent to your registered email address. It is then in your own interest to reply to that mail as soon as you get it and NOT ignore the support team.

Your CoW Support team!

was playing call of war with my friends on mobile, had a really good time, but when i try to re login, it sent me this bug report form, i filled it and submitted it multiple times and waited for a few hours. My friends told me that i was banned, but i played like how every normal player will play, i never insulted anyone,nor have i cheated. Can you fix this
      Account name: Commander Hentai 2
      Images
      • Screenshot_20210816_070051.jpg

349.48 kB, 720×1,600, viewed 2 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Commander Hentai ().

• Commander Hentai wrote:

Dr. Leipreachán wrote:

Greetings Generals,

If you find that your game account is banned this means it has been banned by the Call of War Support team.

The reason for your ban can come for many different reasons but most commonly it is down to the following;
      1. You were sent a warning by the support team about Multi accounts and refused to reply.
      2. You were asked by the support team to submit 3 new username choices as your current name violated our game rules and/or Terms of Service.
      Note: When it is one of the above reasons, you are given plenty of notice and no reply within 3 days (72hrs) will lead to your account been banned.
      • You have been rude/insulting towards members of the support team. This will usually come after you have been given a warning not to insult support and to be respectful/polite.
      • You have cheated in our game a rule we take seriously and you have been banned without warning.
      In any of these cases account bans are preventable. But if you find yourself banned please reply to this thread and we will look into this for you, and if you were unfairly banned you wull be unbanned and if you were fairly banned, we will inform you of reason.

Once you reply here you will be sent a Forum Conversation as soon as is possible dealing with your issue, which can be resolved

Note: Ignorance is no excuse you get mail sent to your game account and a message is also sent to your registered email address. It is then in your own interest to reply to that mail as soon as you get it and NOT ignore the support team.

Your CoW Support team!

was playing call of war with my friends on mobile, had a really good time, but when i try to re login, it sent me this bug report form, i filled it and submitted it multiple times and waited for a few hours. My friends told me that i was banned, but i played like how every normal player will play, i never insulted anyone,nor have i cheated. Can you fix thisAccount name: Commander Hentai 2
      My account somehow logged itself out for no reason and cant log back in, i obeyed the rules and never cheated nor use profanity, pls fix this, i can't leave my world at war map after all the effort I've put in to that map
    • Please create a conversation with staff there on forum. It's always possible that you'll have to reveal some harmful information (perhaps when trying to find the ban reason...) so it's recommended to do that way, it doesn't release info and cause irritation without reason. Though it's not likely the case there, still, please follow the general rules and discuss this with staff in private.
      You can view the staff members on the Members page, Game Operators should be the ones to solve this, though I must admit it sometimes takes time to address. I'd just create a conversation, add all of them, and some should be on duty to respond.

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

If you've already submitted a ticket, we should get to you soon. Tickets are generally better since we have all the information in front of us.
      This means, use the support ticket link in DoctorDR1's signature ^^ Almost forgot that option. Yes, will be simpler that way

Hornetkeeper
    • Again, if Avani didn't receive a message under Community on the homepage, and can't find the ban reason, they should submit a support ticket here. Please don't reveal information about others' bans or about the mods' private actions, since it may be used against them by the trolls later, and causes a lot of unnecessary irritation. So, for issues with bans, send the support form please, so it only gets to the people who can solve it.

Hornetkeeper
    • Hornetkeeper wrote:

Again, if Avani didn't receive a message under Community on the homepage, and can't find the ban reason, they should submit a support ticket here. Please don't reveal information about others' bans or about the mods' private actions, since it may be used against them by the trolls later, and causes a lot of unnecessary irritation. So, for issues with bans, send the support form please, so it only gets to the people who can solve it.
      Ok, but when I sent an issue through discord modmail they say it's only for discord related issues so the in-game support ticket should be for in-game issues of only right?
    • BrightAdityas wrote:

Ok, but when I sent an issue through discord modmail they say it's only for discord related issues so the in-game support ticket should be for in-game issues of only right?
      Any issues with the game, your game or forum account, purchasing, or other users in the game that is.

Hornetkeeper
    • Hornetkeeper wrote:

BrightAdityas wrote:

Any issues with the game, your game or forum account, purchasing, or other users in the game that is.
      Over 3 days are over, still no response.
    • BrightAdityas wrote:

Over 3 days are over, still no response.
      Sorry, support tickets are just the conventional way to solve things here. When I wanted to change my forum name the request got solved in 2 months. :D But that was the only one, others got addressed within 1 day usually.
      I still believe that the request is the fastest way to solve the problem since mods seeing this will likely instruct you to submit a ticket anyway.

Hornetkeeper
    • Hello, I've been playing Call of War on and off for WELL over a year. I was recently banned form all chat rooms for having "multiple" accounts but there seems to be a misunderstanding. After months without playing I no longer had access to my old email address and created a new account. playing on and off for months at a time can lead to this happening and I was banned in chat when i made the reply that I have been playing that way. I have never made multiple accounts together neither have I ever logged in to them together or played in a game with them together it was simply due to the fact that I don't remember my login credentials and email address. I love this game, so can someone please look into this?