Rockets

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does Rocket's have Stat-Based Efficiency and how many i need to send against a Unit of 5 Infantry with 9 Tanks and 3 Anti-Air. Should i send 1 group of Rockets 15 times, 3 groups of Rockets 3 times or 1 massive group of rockets total of 15 sending them once.
    • no rockets dont have state based damage efficiency.

And, whatever be the strength of your rocket battery or your target, make sure the you use your rockets only against stationary targets. Dont use rockets against moving infantry of tanks else you'll end up wasting rockets for absolutely nothing. Use them only if tanks/infantry is standing of fighting someone. In my oppinion the best way to use rockets is to destroy buildings in place of that bullshit strategic bomber which hardly anyone uses.

Viksting wrote:

Does Rocket's have Stat-Based Efficiency and how many i need to send against a Unit of 5 Infantry with 9 Tanks and 3 Anti-Air. Should i send 1 group of Rockets 15 times, 3 groups of Rockets 3 times or 1 massive group of rockets total of 15 sending them once.
    • Even though "officially" it doesn't matter, many experienced people fire rockets one by one and not in a big bunch. I'm still not completely sure if it really matters, though I adhere to that rule too.

Non-moving target rule is very important!

Rockets are also very good against refuelling planes that are out of range from other units. Takes some training to get the timing right though.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • miech wrote:

Indeed, because you dont know the ETA until you actually fire the bugger. Combination of trial and error with a pinch of guestimation.
      With a little experience, you can usually rough guesstimate the rocket's flight based on the distance, as a proportion of the rocket's maximum range, within about 5 minutes. It's been a while since I've fired a nuclear rocket or L4 conventional rocket at maximum range (800 km for both), but if I recall correctly the flight time is 29 or 30 minutes. So rough guesstimating one third, one half or two thirds of the maximum range within a 5-minute margin of error is not that hard if you're trying to time your impact on an L1 air base during the 15-minute refueling period of an enemy air wing. Of course, the math is a little trickier to time the impact if it's an L3 air base with a 5-minute refueling period. If you're trying to time the impact of a nuclear rocket during that brief 5-minute refueling window, I suggest you fire a conventional rocket first to get the exact flight time . . . . there's more than one way to skin a cat. I've had pretty good success catching enemy air wings on the ground, with sometimes devastating results for the Bad Guys.
    • Viksting wrote:

Does Rocket's have Stat-Based Efficiency
      The max optimal SBDE for rockets is 15. You can easily check this by selecting 1, 15 and 16 rockets and looking at the SBDE. However, like roko said, despite the SBDE, some people think smaller stacks, (ie. 1) gives better damage per rocket. I don't doubt this since in general I get the impression that smaller stacks produce more damage per unit. Of course, unlike rockets, for most other units there are other disadvantages of having small stacks
    • Awesomesause175 wrote:

. . . does hitting enemy territories with regular rockets cause morale penalty . . . [?]
      Yes. As best I can tell from casual observation, each rocket that hits a province causes something like a 5 to 7-point drop in the province's morale.

BTW, air strikes likewise cause drops in province morale, too, but they're smaller than the hits from rockets (and nukes, obviously).
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Awesomesause175 wrote:

. . . does hitting enemy territories with regular rockets cause morale penalty . . . [?]
      Yes. As best I can tell from casual observation, each rocket that hits a province causes something like a 5 to 7-point drop in the province's morale.
      BTW, air strikes likewise cause drops in province morale, too, but they're smaller than the hits from rockets (and nukes, obviously).
      I believe that's only Interceptors and Strategic Bombers that lower morale on Attack. Patrolling lowers morale as well.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Diabolical wrote:

I believe that's only Interceptors and Strategic Bombers that lower morale on Attack. Patrolling lowers morale as well.
      All bombardment ---- artillery, naval gunfire from battleships and cruisers, all aircraft direct attacks and patrols, rocket attacks, and nuclear attacks ---- will reduce the morale of the province where the bombardment occurred. The effects on province morale, however, varies widely from nuclear weapons (-30 morale points instantly) to single bombers on patrol (almost imperceptible).
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Diabolical wrote:

All bombardment ---- artillery, naval gunfire from battleships and cruisers, all aircraft direct attacks and patrols, rocket attacks, and nuclear attacks ---- will reduce the morale of the province where the bombardment occurred. The effects on province morale, however, varies widely from nuclear weapons (-30 morale points instantly) to single bombers on patrol (almost imperceptible).
      I've left Tactical Bombers on patrol over empty enemy provinces for days and saw zero affect on morale. So, if what you say is true, then there's a flaw since "imperceptible" equals zero in gameplay. Perhaps if there's a common morale-lowering setting that must be set for each unit type, then Tac Bombers are set too low (or zero).
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3