Weather and Climate

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Weather and Climate

I think the game requires a climate in addition to terrain because the climate and weather affects morale and the speed of the army passing through a specific territory. For example: One of the factors that affected the defeat of Napoleon in he's conquest to conquer Russia during he's time was the Soviet Winter, same thing happened with Alexander the Great and Hitler. Another Example was the Vietnam War where monsoon rain's and mud occur that deals blow to the morale of the troops. I can state more example but the real point here is CLIMATE AND WEATHER IS ANOTHER MAJOR FACTOR OF WAR that one cannot ignore.

?( ?( ?( ?(

The post was edited 1 time, last by apollo9 ().

• apollo9 wrote:

One of the factors that affected the defeat of Napoleon in he's conquest to conquer Russia during he's time was the Soviet Winter,

They gotta rewrite some highschool textbooks... either the history one, or the math one (1813 > 1917).
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Hello apollo9,

thank you very much for the suggestion. Different weather conditions would of course be nice but would make the game even harder to be balanced and it would also drain the server performance.

For now implementing weather is not on our list.
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • If you look back in the forum, you will find a similar thread where the math has all been worked out. i'll put the link here:(Weather Conditions) but the game has a 5:1 ratio to the real world(if were are not playing a speed round). also, like mentioned before, we need to make sure that places like Russia or Egypt(the Sahara) don't become too overpowered.
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower