A new building idea:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A new building idea:

Should we have hospitals to heal troops? 25
        Yes (12) 48%
        No (11) 44%
        Unsure/meh (2) 8%
      What if we could construct hospital-like buildings in provinces so that troops there would heal faster than normal?
      It would make sense in a realistic standpoint, and it would be researched first before it can be built, like nuclear reactors.
    • Someone else recently proposed something similar: a "hospital" building where units would "heal" more quickly. It did not get a lot of support.

First of all, let's recognize that unit "healing" is a misnomer. In the real world, military units do not "heal" by sending the entire surviving unit to a hospital. The combat strength of a damaged unit can be restored relatively quickly by receiving replacement troops and replacement equipment. Severely wounded troops often require weeks or months of medical care, followed by months or even years of physical rehabilitation. Many, if not most, will never see combat again.

Bottom line: Entire units don't get sent to hospitals; individual wounded soldiers do. Units get replacement soldiers, not hospital time. Our game already embodies this concept with the daily manpower upkeep requirements for all infantry and "infantry" armor class units (e.g., infantry, motorized infantry, mechanized infantry, artillery, anti-tank and anti-aircraft). If you want to make the game more realistic, then units of the "armored" and "aircraft" armor classes should have daily manpower upkeep requirements too. (Frankly, it's rather odd that aircraft and tank units don't have a manpower upkeep requirement, and this favors the creation of aircraft and tanks over infantry in the second half of the game, contributing to unit imbalances and a lack of in-game unit variety.) And adding a universal manpower upkeep requirement would dovetail nicely with the existing 15% daily replacement factor for damaged units of all types.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• DxC wrote:

The Almighty Jewbear wrote:

troops heal in combat
      That has never been the case for ground units. Is this something new? I'm pretty sure that I've recently observed them not healing while in combat. Has anyone observed ground units healing in combat?
      I saw them heal in combat like a week ago. Didn't realize it was new.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • DxC wrote:

Just to clarify, we are talking about a ground melee battle that is still happening at day change, right?
      Yup
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • My opinion:

The game principle here is based on a simple, abstract, but animated board game, no simulation, and certainly not an action game, even if many try to rape it as such, or to convert it into such.

Hospitals are already present in the game, as are doctors, mechanics, towing vehicles, tankers, supply ships, etc..

How else should the healing, repair and supply of the units be possible so far?

And also the system of the healing (rate and duration) is sufficient.

Maybe some should learn to fight better, then they would not need to repair so much.. ;)

PS: Ground units also heal in close combat (own observations), of course only on their own territory.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • xXCooksterXx wrote:

I know, it was an idea that there was a building that would heal them faster. (hospital)
      If your enemies would heal their airforce 2 time faster you could be, may be, one of first who cry "please switch hospitals off"

DxC wrote:

That has never been the case for ground units. Is this something new? I'm pretty sure that I've recently observed them not healing while in combat. Has anyone observed ground units healing in combat?
      That was the whole time possible, i've seen it many times. If units stay (not move) at own soil, they get "heal", even while fighting.
    • Last Warrior wrote:

xXCooksterXx wrote:

I know, it was an idea that there was a building that would heal them faster. (hospital)
      If your enemies would heal their airforce 2 time faster you could be, may be, one of first who cry "please switch hospitals off"

DxC wrote:

That was the whole time possible, i've seen it many times. If units stay (not move) at own soil, they get "heal", even while fighting.
      I think that if units stay in their own provinces even while moving they heal, but i never tested this. I will check and find out for everyone.
      EN Community Support