Managing my coalition, which member to kick out?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Managing my coalition, which member to kick out?

I'm new to managing my own coalition, and could benefit from some advice.

How do other players manage the coalitions that they control in such a way as to win their games?

Suppose one of the members of your own coalition is winning. Do you kick out the strongest coalition member (in the hope of overwhelming them with the help of the entire coalition), or do you kick out the weakest member (probably giving up on first place)?

More generally, which coalition members do you kick out, and when?

Thanks in advance

LC Jackson
    • Personally, booting members from your coalition isn't good for your reputation for furture coalitions. I am content to have another member of my coalition win. Sometimes I'll be first. Other times it will be someone else. I will try hard to be first but not by booting a member of my coalition.

So, no I won't kick a stronger member of my coalition.

There is a problem with large coalitions. In regular games, you can only have 3 people at the end of the game. If the top three want to retire the game, then anyone below that needs to bow out gracefully or be booted (which might be me as well). In the large maps, sometimes there are large coalitions. Even in the 22 p maps, sometimes the coalitions will have 4 members. Sometimes a coalition player will quit the game.

Coalition leaders may have other reasons for booting a member but I don't see booting a member because they are winning as a good one.
    • Lawrence Czl wrote:

Coalition leaders may have other reasons for booting a member but I don't see booting a member because they are winning as a good one.
      No, it's not a good reason.

If you want loyal allies who will support you, defend you, and share resources and units, then you need to be willing to do the same. And that means that all members of an in-game alliance have an equal shot at winning the game. I have won 9 games outright, and finished second seven times ---- and every one of those second-place finishes was behind an ally. And all but one of my wins was accomplished with the help and support of one or two loyal allies.

If you haven't played a game with a competent and loyal ally, and faced down other serious challengers together, then you have missed one of the best game experiences that Call of War has to offer to players. This stab-my-ally-in-the-back-to-win-at-the-end crap strikes me as more than a little odd. After supporting each other and fighting together for 30 to 90 days, I really don't understand what would possess someone to turn on an ally. I really don't. Whoever is better positioned at the end should grasp the Brass Ring, and receive hearty congratulations from his ally.

BTW, I am absolutely convinced that good communication at the outset is the key to any good alliance. If someone sends you an offer of share-map alliance through the trade system, with no prior communication or negotiation of the terms of your alliance, that's the first warning sign of an "alliance" that's starting on shaky ground. The time to negotiate your expectations is before you agree to be allies, not after, and certainly before you accept an ambiguous alliance via the trade system.