Accidentally Declaring War

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Accidentally Declaring War

Right now it is very easy to accidentally click "declare war" on the wrong person from the diplomacy screen. There is no buffer wait period, nor is there any "Confirm you really want to do this" screen. As a result, for example, I just declared war on my ally by accident, and even though I immediately corrected it, our forces are now battling and I have to wait for that person to be online to manually remove the war status on their end.

This should not be the case! Please fix it so declaring war takes a bit more effort and thus is less easy to do by accident. Maybe there could be a 1:00 minute bufferzone. If your forces are near one another it is not possible to undo unilaterally. :thumbdown:
    • I rarely declare war by the diplmacy options, just marching troops into their places usually does the trick. And that already has a "Are you sure" dialog.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.