Capitulation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Capitulation

Okay Im on day 29 on my 25 player map as italy and Ive invaded and taken over all of mainland france, germany, and Uk but france and Uk have lots of provinces left and there not active there should be a automatic capitulation after 5 days of inactivity without there core provinces and only in provinces that dont have troops and the player should be allowed to accept it or not just a suggestion so what do you think
    • I don't think capitulation should exist, because it would make the reason to attack somebody's core provinces all the more appealing. Let's say you take the United Kingdom's core. If capitulation existed, you would get the none core provinces for free, right? That is FREE land, the only free land you deserve is the land you start with.

In real life, many times war leads to a treaty, but since this is a game, people don't have to worry about anything that would matter to rulers in real life. In real life, rulers are overthrown by rebel groups in their own country, but in the game, rulers are overthrown solely because of inactivity. In the game, the ruler doesn't have to worry about how the people feel about war, or what the people want at all, they just do it. You cannot replicate war online because people recognize the lack of responsibility on games. In real life, you better recognize you are responsible for your people, and in a democracy, you should choose based on what the people need.
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • Frankly, capitulation already occurs through the art of rebellion. If a nation loses it's capital, and has far-flung provinces while being at war with many other players and short on Food and Oil, etc....then their provinces will start rebelling. And, like in real life, they aren't necessarily going to rebel to the conquering invader that sacks their cities.

I actually really like the rebellion part of this game as it gives you yet another reason to manage your national morale (lowering morale can lead to rebellion).
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3