artillery not working

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• artillery not working

I sent attack command with artillery to attack an enemy. It got within range and stopped but wasn't firing and there was no arc signifying it was firing and when I hovered over it there was no indication of a countdown of when the next fire would occur. Here are the screenshots.

A) showing the attack order and that it is within range and not moving:
      B) showing that when I hover over unit it doesn't have a countdown to next fire. This is after reloading game in browser.

• yeah i have had similar problems. arty moving in range not starting the shelling; you have to manually select the target at that time. Of course it is not ALWAYS failing, but I failed to see common ground so far.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I did experience the same thing yesterday. I wasn't smart enough to grab a screenshot though.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • DxC wrote:

Yea, it doesn't happen very often. Just thought I'd point it out. In this particular case, giving new attack orders on target didn't work. I had to move the unit closer.
      I've noticed this as well. Moving closer tends to avoid this altogether. I'll bet it's got something to do with the cartesian coordinate math making the range too far at the extreme edge of the bubble. A clue to whether that is the case would be whether this happens more frequently with generally-horizontal [vs.] generally-vertical attacks as opposed to happening at all angles.

If this tends to happen more frequently along one general directional axis, then it could be a simple rounding error or a recent change to clickable tick-marks within the grid (I assume the game is laid out on a fine grid).

*By generally-horizontal or generally-vertical, I mean having an angle from artillery to target having a steeper angle or more-shallow angle....with shallow implying horizontal (X coord) and steep implying vertical (Y coord).
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3