Production after Research Bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Production after Research Bug

This has happened to me a handful of times, but only on the speed round. This may just be a problem for those games, but its possible normal games have this problem as well. After I research an upgrade for a unit (not the unit itself) I would go to produce the unit in a province with all the prerequisites. However, it wouldn't let me use it, as if I didn't research the unit at all or the province didn't meet the requirements. I went to other provinces, and the exact same thing. I made sure I had all of the materials (which I did) and tried again, but no dice. The only way I could fix it was by refreshing or reloading the game, after which it worked as normal.
      It's not major; refreshing doesn't take too long. It's just the few times this has happened I freak out a bit, and this can be especially dangerous during wartime.
    • This happens all the time with new technology. A simple fix that might work for you is to simply start building something else and then cancel that other item. Then you should be able to build the wanted item.

For the devs: this sounds like It might have something to do with a lost pointer or something similar that "occupies" a build slot for units once they've been researched/upgraded. I don't know the game code, unfortunately, but an occupied or misdirected pointer might be the fault. Or, perhaps a pointer or address of a lesser version (or zero version) of a unit is amiss or simply lost. Something along these lines might help the research into the problem.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • DxC wrote:

This is a pervasive occurrence in normal games.
      Agreed, Seems to happen every time for me. Wait for research to complete and I just reload the browser tab so that unit production is possible. Most noticeable early game where you are waiting for the 30 minute research cycle to complete so you can start producing that unit and research something else.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<