New Game Management

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Game Management

As frontline pioneers you are able to see our upcoming update for the game management. You will automatically see those changes if you click on 'My games' or 'New games' as a frontline pioneer. Please let us know here if you have any questions or if you want to provide feedback!

- Sasri
    Sarah / Sasri
    Ex-Community Manager
  • since the number of players is already marked between the stars, it need not be mentioned also in the title of the game in these super large characters.
    suggestion: removing the number of players from the title will make the label more clear and readable.
  • Being the conservative guy that I am, I'm sorry, but I didn't like it. It's just not the look I am used to and it obfuscated the info simply because it was in a different format that my brain didn't incorporate yet. Fortunately, I know which game is where (in which position, like "second one in the first column is that guy Libya invading my Turkey") almost any day, so it was no real trouble.

I'll get used to it in just a few days though, and then it will be just as clear as it always was. Not better, not worse.

Just wondering though, why didn't you finally include the name of the country you are playing in this overview? It is obviously the most useful piece of information that is missing.
    When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
    - BIG DADDY.
  • Thanks for the feedback already, guys :)

xXCooksterXx wrote:

Can there be an option to revert back to the old one?
    Would prefer to use it over the new one.
    Sadly not. If there is something concrete that you do not like, you can of course voice your opinion about it and we will evaluate if we want to change that aspect.

_Pontus_ wrote:

since the number of players is already marked between the stars, it need not be mentioned also in the title of the game in these super large characters.
    suggestion: removing the number of players from the title will make the label more clear and readable.
    Good news, this was already changed. You will see it once it is released to the live servers.

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Just wondering though, why didn't you finally include the name of the country you are playing in this overview? It is obviously the most useful piece of information that is missing.
    We also like that idea, but our website does not know about the country you are playing ingame. The rework that it does is rather difficult. Maybe in the future.
  • I have many problems with the new format, all having to do with available info...

the old format showed game id#, # of days played , which options had been selected, your country, and any description which had been put in by the creator right on the top level image. The new format only shows the fancy colorful cluttered map image and the type of map.

When you play 6-10 games at a time, it gets utterly infuriating to click on the bloody info button every time you want to see which game is which.

Also, on a slightly different note, the change in diplomacy menu to an info button that is required to be selected to see if the other guys have high command is irritating in the same way, especially without any notification of the change. just lost entire armies to people I thought didn't have it and had arty walking forward blasting me as they went while I was afk and my troops were retreating, whereas if I had known, I would have stood my ground and at least inflicted casualties on his troops.

I'd like to know why you folks thought the interface menu needed an overhaul; it was simple, easy to scan,and full of information without being cluttered... many companies would benefit from that methodology. Instead, you went the other way and joined the lemming parade bandwagon to fancy pictures with no info.

If you MUST go to a more cluttered colorful image to retain market share, can you PLEASE at least find a way to make the info show on the top level image again?

-C
  • Thanks for putting the game id # back on the tiles in the game menu, very much appreciated.

The right side of the small window you put the game id in is empty, you could put reduced size versions of the game option icons there... and if they are too hard to see for people, you could make them various colors so you'd only have to know the color of the icon to know what the options are.

-C
  • 1. I am absolutely for putting the icons back.

2. I currently have 6 or 7 games of which a number of 22 player maps and ... I really can't tell which from what. Hence this way of presenting your game overview is confuddled. Though the looks are OK, the crucial info needed to identify games at a glance is simply not there. That would have to be adjusted towards the old info display as much as possible.
  • Thanks again for the feedback.

Crash99c wrote:

I have many problems with the new format, all having to do with available info...

the old format showed game id#, # of days played , which options had been selected, your country, and any description which had been put in by the creator right on the top level image. The new format only shows the fancy colorful cluttered map image and the type of map.

When you play 6-10 games at a time, it gets utterly infuriating to click on the bloody info button every time you want to see which game is which.

Also, on a slightly different note, the change in diplomacy menu to an info button that is required to be selected to see if the other guys have high command is irritating in the same way, especially without any notification of the change. just lost entire armies to people I thought didn't have it and had arty walking forward blasting me as they went while I was afk and my troops were retreating, whereas if I had known, I would have stood my ground and at least inflicted casualties on his troops.

I'd like to know why you folks thought the interface menu needed an overhaul; it was simple, easy to scan,and full of information without being cluttered... many companies would benefit from that methodology. Instead, you went the other way and joined the lemming parade bandwagon to fancy pictures with no info.

If you MUST go to a more cluttered colorful image to retain market share, can you PLEASE at least find a way to make the info show on the top level image again?

-C
    When searching for a new game you can still use the filter on top to filter for games using certain game options, then you don't need to scan for icons at all. And in the mygames page we brought the gameID back so you can distinguish between your games. I agree it is not the most optimal solution and in the future we may refine that further.

Regarding the interface change: As far as I know we did not change anything in the diplo menu, or at least not on purpose. If you can verify that something really changed there, you can report it as a bug.

_Pontus_ wrote:

2. I currently have 6 or 7 games of which a number of 22 player maps and ... I really can't tell which from what. Hence this way of presenting your game overview is confuddled. Though the looks are OK, the crucial info needed to identify games at a glance is simply not there. That would have to be adjusted towards the old info display as much as possible.
    The problem is that most maps still use the same game options (especially the system generated ones always use the same), so using them to distinguish between your games is also not the most optimal solution. I think better would be to show the country you are playing, unfortunately that is technically not possible right now. But maybe in the future. For now you may want to write down your gameIDs and make notes which is which.

xXCooksterXx wrote:

Can we have the old way of the player number back?
    Instead of lets say:14/100
    we have the old version of 86 open slots.
    Why that? The new thing gives you more info, what the max number of slots is and how much guys already joined, and with some basic math you can deduct how many are still free to join. The old info only gave you half of that.