Suggestion - Peace treaty and 'assurance contract'

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion - Peace treaty and 'assurance contract'

Hi, I'd like to suggest a few things that might really help some aspects of the game and make it more strategic.

First of all, I'm playing a game right now, and he offered me his resources for peace. I encountered few of these situations, but never really paid their mind. I was thinking "What if I just took the resources and attack again", but now it bugged me and thought about it for a second.

Imagine If there was a special feature, that would make you bound to the 'contract' you make. For instance. You want to surrender, but you know trading peace for something won't help you. So you propose a 'Peace treaty', which would make the accepting side bound to the things he has accepted. That would eliminate someone from attacking someone right away after taking their resources and make is more usable than it is right now.

Secondly, I want to talk about something similar. Puppeting someone. Imagine the same case as before, but rather making bound peace for a period of time, you would be puppeted. It has advantages for both sides. Lossing one will survive, and the winning one won't need to destroy his armies. Ofcourse you might say "But the lossing won't fight with someone who has lost to". I thought about it can be easily solved. Winner will have shared map, losser not. Winner will have full control over the looser, losser cannot attack the winner, winner can.

The second suggestion has definitely more holes than there's to it on first sight (Such as obedience and multiaccounting without a loss of anything), but at least the first one isn't bad enough I think.