Player AI Allocation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Player AI Allocation

I have wondered about a function to deliberately turn AI control on.

I have found that my favorite rounds of C.O.W. have ended with me having to go somewhere or off to work with a massive war brewing. I come back a few days latter and its over with a player destroying my well placed defenses while i was away and before AI had come active.

I would love to see a setting that allowed you to turn AI control on, but with the added function of orders such as defensive or aggressive in military stances and build or stock in civil control. This way you could set your country up to run in a semi controlled fashion when you went to work or away for a few days. It would also start immediate AI control ensuring there was no period without reaction.

P.S. love your work, cant wait to see where this game evolves to.
    • WiseOdin wrote:

AI's main strategy is to sell your food, buy supplies, max research militia and build barracks in every province to train militia.
      Well, maybe ---- maybe ---- the AI strategies are not all that bad. In playing long games on different maps, I have discovered that there appear to be several different AI game "personalities." Some will produce the standard complement of conventional infantry, armored cars and ant-aircraft units, but others will produce large fleets of naval units, or large air forces of every imaginable unit type, or defensive strategies with 30+ tank destroyers and patrolling interceptor wings. On several occasions I have reached Day 75 or 80 of a Pacific map game, and the only remaining human players of consequence are allies, and I am still trying to get enough victory points for an outright win, and I am forced to go hunting in those interior North American AI countries, where no-one has previously ventured and the variety of unit types and their numbers you may find will sometimes surprise you ---- 150+ high-level units in a 22-province AI country. Mind you, these were not games were the elite AI was enabled, just ones where isolated full-size AI countries had the time and resources to fully manifest their "personalities."

I would love to hear an explanation from the actual programmers responsible.

As for those situations where the AI takes over for an inactive human player, in my personal experience, they tend to keep producing whatever unit types that the now-inactive human previously researched and produced.

What is sadly disappointing, however, is that in the last couple of 22-player European map, most of the AIs never even produced new or even replacement units, let alone different specialty units, and they still had the same complement of 26 infantry, AA and AC units on Day 30 or 35, with which they started on Day 1. Good practice for rookies, I suppose, but not much of a challenge for the rest of us.