supply drop selection out of line

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• supply drop selection out of line

In a game for drops, I was attacking Communist Russia AI and had pretty much killed all if it's units and had all my units near or within it's borders for several days waiting for a drop. Instead of getting a drop in comm russia or nearby i got one in Nice Fraance which is way the hell away from where I was. I mean it wasn't hard to march some tanks and planes down there in 24 hours but it is stupid and annoying.

• I don't think the amount of troops near is a consideration, nor even if you are at war with someone. I suspect all provs one or two provs out of your current borders have an equal chance.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I've had them lead me to start three different wars, each 48 hours after the last. Enemy the first and second drops sent me to were still there and fighting back when the third drop, four days later, was in a third country.

In most cases, the next drop would be in the same country as the last, if it is still there; but not always. I guess, count yourself lucky you haven't encountered this, yet.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I don't think the amount of troops near is a consideration, nor even if you are at war with someone. I suspect all provs one or two provs out of your current borders have an equal chance.
      Correct, troops near the crate are not considered. In fact it is good that it does not always drop near your army, otherwise collecting the crates would be a piece of cake.

DxC wrote:

i'm pretty sure it is normally correlated with where you units are and who you are at war with. This is the first breach in the contract that I have encountered.
      Nah, troops don't play a role. As long as the chosen province has a certain distance to your own provinces, also countries with whom you are at peace are eligible, same as those who you are at war with. Only allied countries are excluded.

WiseOdin wrote:

In most cases, the next drop would be in the same country as the last, if it is still there; but not always. I guess, count yourself lucky you haven't encountered this, yet.
      It shouldn't, if another country is eligible for a drop the system will prefer that country over the country where the last drop occured. If there is no second option, it will of course drop again in the same country.

Actually we wanted to prevent players from farming them in custom maps (thats why small maps cant have supply drops), but I guess that is still what is happening with the 22p maps :p