A bit of an exploit that may be overpowered.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A bit of an exploit that may be overpowered.

If you send your airplane to the border of another country, but it is still patrolling In your country, you can patrol their lands without consequences.
      No war starts, nothing.
      May be a bit op because it is basically the old patrol feature still somewhat here?
      I just found this out today in a game.
    • Wow, you're late... it was clearly announced in the "Controlled Airspace" thread.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • xXCooksterXx wrote:

Wow, I don't pay attention, do I?
      Cookster, that tells me that you're not doing enough aerial reconnaissance if you just noticed the recent changes. There's a pretty good explanation of how to do aerial recce in the new environment buried in the thread that K.Rokossovski linked above, but the short version is you can send aircraft units on patrol for a look-see over non-allied countries, without triggering a war, if you do not allow them to patrol over a given spot for 15 minutes or more. The 15-minute patrol ticker is tied to the infliction of damage, and once that 15 minutes expires, you will automatically be at war with the country you were reconnoitering.

Bottom line: move your aerial watch dogs every 5 or 10 minutes and you will be fine. Leave them on patrol in a particular sport for 15 minutes or longer, and you have an accidental war.
    • DxC wrote:

Has anyone noticed a patrol do damage to buildings or units or lower morale in this scenario?
      I noticed it a year ago, when I left a long-range TB reconnaissance patrol deep over a non-allied empire when I fell asleep on a Friday night. What was supposed to be a quick look-see over a suspicious province wound up lasting for
      7 or 8 hours, and damage to the province's infrastructure was reported in the newspaper the next morning. That was my first hint of the problem that led to the recent changes. Mind you, that was a single L6 TB squadron that caused that minor damage; a Big Wing of multiple 5-squadron stacks can cause some real damage to buildings if they are left on patrol for hours, just like their big-brother strategic bombers. All bombardments -- including aerial attacks, artillery, naval gunfire, rockets and nukes -- will damage buildings and lower morale. Of course, the effect varies widely from fighter attacks against ground units on the low end, to nukes on the high end. I have personally observed the impact on morale from all forms of bombardment, except from fighter ground attacks, and the damage caused by the latter must be de minimis.
    • DxC wrote:

You are describing the normal behavior when the patrol center is within the prov. I'm asking about the behavior specific to the OPs scenario and if anyone has noticed damage in that scenario since the recent patrol updates.
      If you are asking if I can confirm, based on recent personal experience,that you can "patrol" over a non-allied country's territory, but with the patrol centered over the water side of the country's coastline, the answer is "yes." I've done it, without triggering a war, in the last 24 hours. Moreover, I was able to kill an enemy unit on neutral territory, without triggering a war, by using the same tactic. Even better, it appears to work for inland bodies of water, too, like the Great Lakes.
    • Well, it doesn't matter if it's water. It's just if the patrol center is over the border or not. If you were able to actually kill a unit in this scenario (as opposed to just damaging buildings or lowering morale), when not at war, this is new and didn't happen before the update.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

xXCooksterXx wrote:

Wow, I don't pay attention, do I?
      Cookster, that tells me that you're not doing enough aerial reconnaissance if you just noticed the recent changes. There's a pretty good explanation of how to do aerial recce in the new environment buried in the thread that K.Rokossovski linked above, but the short version is you can send aircraft units on patrol for a look-see over non-allied countries, without triggering a war, if you do not allow them to patrol over a given spot for 15 minutes or more. The 15-minute patrol ticker is tied to the infliction of damage, and once that 15 minutes expires, you will automatically be at war with the country you were reconnoitering.
      Bottom line: move your aerial watch dogs every 5 or 10 minutes and you will be fine. Leave them on patrol in a particular sport for 15 minutes or longer, and you have an accidental war.
      I don't use air as much as I use naval and land forces.
      Just how I play.
      Yes, I'm saying that I'm patrolling in my lands which include part of foreign lands.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xXCooksterXx ().

• DxC wrote:

1. he seemed to have responded without actually reading (or grasping) your original post

2. if you don't use air much you are doomed
      I'm sick at the moment, and when I'm sick, I don't think things through like I do when I'm not sick.
      I haven't used air much due to the fact of in the games I'm in I usually am in an oil crisis and try to limit oil usage as much as possible.