Allowance of exchanging provinces more freely

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Allowance of exchanging provinces more freely

Idea: allowance of exchanging provinces more freely

Current state.
      One province daily can be exchanged (given) to anyone.
      Probably up to 5 provinces (all time overall).
      Only 1 province exchange can be suggested at the same time.

Proposed change.
      1. No limit on exchange of non core provinces (up to unlimited provinces can be given through whole match).
      2. Limit on exchange of non core provinces at the same time (up to XX provinces can be given daily).
      3. Player's core provinces cannot be exchanged.
      4. Conquered someone's core provinces can be given back to initial (core) owner without restrictions / limits.

Point 4 is most important. It would allow real alliance war: war for re-take lands of ally, that are in enemy's possession. Now after taking it I can only diplomatically give back 1 province daily up to 5 overall. Or my ally (coalition member) need to attack me and take those provinces by force (with my agreement).
      Better to be servant in heaven than a monarch in hell
      ... besides there is already monarch in hell and he will not tolerate usurpers.
      :saint:
    • Yes.
      No per-game limit (to allow real allies, real diplomacy)
      but
      Daily limit (to forbid transfer of all provinces overnight to ally when overrun and hopeless)

Exact number should be connected with map. Big maps = bigger limit (there are more provinces).

100 player world map has 3000+ provinces.
      22 player map has 600+ provinces.

So different number should be used.
    • Khantix wrote:

Idea: allowance of exchanging provinces more freely

Current state.
      One province daily can be exchanged (given) to anyone.
      Probably up to 5 provinces (all time overall).
      Only 1 province exchange can be suggested at the same time.

Basically you can exchange as many provinces as you want on a map, only one per day of course, and not more than 5 without to get a province back (or 6, don't know exactly).
      For each more you want to give away, you previously must obtain one from an other player.

In my opinion that's sufficient and a reasonable and good strategy option for the game.
      To give more provinces "for free" or without limit in only one direction, e.g. "to liberate provinces for an ally and give him more than 1 per day", wouldn't be a better solution but would lead away the game from strategy and planning.

Of course you can now "give away" unlimited provinces daily through fictitious wars, but I think that's basically another reason to set a restriction with non-attack and non-resumption time mode for coalitions.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • If those rules are to be re-evaluated, you can't do it without taking trolls and multi-accounters into account every step of the way. In principle you are right, in practice, it will be abused to the bone.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • As Roko stated, the province exchange system is the way it is, in order to prevent land pushing from one account to another. The game is about conquering land, not giving it away. Transferring an ally a province or two you liberated, back to him, is about all you need to do.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • WiseOdin wrote:

As Roko stated, the province exchange system is the way it is, in order to prevent land pushing from one account to another. The game is about conquering land, not giving it away. Transferring an ally a province or two you liberated, back to him, is about all you need to do.

That is exactly what I would be able to do. Conquered someone's core provinces can be given back to initial (core) owner without restrictions / limits.
      I waged a war with neighbour, took some his provinces, signed peace, made him ally. I needed ally, as this war was against coalition. He helped me for "giving him back his core provinces". Simple deal as core provinces are most productive.

I took 5 days to give him back that provinces. To give the last one, he had to give me 1 his other provinces.

Game: 2089837 Nat. China - Indochina transactions

The game is about conquering land, but with such big map (100p) you need allies, coalition to survive. Giving away provinces is a pretty good strategy. My country would be destroyed in first war vs. 3 neighbours, but survived by a promise of giving that land back.

I just want that mechanism to be implemented into game to make it easier: Conquered someone's core provinces can be given back to initial (core) owner without restrictions / limits.
    • Well you made a list of four bullets. The first two would indeed lead to abuse. The third is a limitation ogf the current system, not an expansion. I agree that it would be hard to abuse the fourth, and I actually would support it.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.