The one new feature that would make me a High Command subscriber . . . .

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The one new feature that would make me a High Command subscriber . . . .

As it presently exists, the "High Command" premium membership has some pretty neat features, including production queues for new units and "fire control" to program automatic unit reactions to potential battle situations. I'm a micro manager, in the best sort of way, and I prefer not to leave my battles in the hands of a programmed feature, so I have not become a paying High Command subscriber to date. That said, there is one new feature, if added to HC membership, would make me an instant subscriber:

* a queue for future unit research cycles *

Everyone who has played the game for any length of time knows of the unavoidably wasted research time that happens because we are sleeping, our significant other calls and won't get off the phone, or ---- heaven forbid ---- we have some common real life situation, like a job, that prevents us from immediately starting the next unit research cycle upon the completion of the previous one. Because of the irregular time lengths for different research cycles, it is impossible to conveniently and consistently plan their completion such that a player is always available to immediately start the next research cycle with no lost research time.

A queue for future research cycles seems like an obvious and logical next addition to the existing High Command features. How about it, Bytro team?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• Every added functionality to HC is a way to go.
      The better the benefits, the more subscribers, the more stable revenues.
      Better to be servant in heaven than a monarch in hell
      ... besides there is already monarch in hell and he will not tolerate usurpers.
      :saint:
    • Alkyonor wrote:

. . . jokes apart, the research queue is indeed something that has already crossed our minds.
      If you had ever set your alarm clock, or cell phone alarm, so you could start your L4 tactical bomber research on time, and had your wife or girlfriend ask you "WTF?" in that cranky 3:30 a.m. voice, you would know that this is a feature that would sell!
    • The other advantage of a research queue would be the ability to prioritize resources for that research. I frequently find that I have a queue full of buildings and units and have to juggle things to get enough resources available to start research, almost making the build queue take more time to manage, rather than streamline things as intended.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Alkyonor wrote:

. . . jokes apart, the research queue is indeed something that has already crossed our minds.
      If you had ever set your alarm clock, or cell phone alarm, so you could start your L4 tactical bomber research on time, and had your wife or girlfriend ask you "WTF?" in that cranky 3:30 a.m. voice, you would know that this is a feature that would sell!
      You may refer her to the "CoW Widow Mutual Support Group", it is located in the West wing of the "MMORPG Widow Centre".
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

"CoW Widow Mutual Support Group"
      Roko, as always your command of the English vernacular is surprisingly good, but yet you have no knowledge of the Lovable Losers or the Amazin' Mets . . . How can this be?

Were you kidnapped by aliens and raised by them with no knowledge of baseball? Or were you one of those Soviet spy children, raised from birth in an American English environment in an isolated town somewhere in Siberia, and trained to infiltrate the Great Adversary?
    • MontanaBB wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

"CoW Widow Mutual Support Group"
      Roko, as always your command of the English vernacular is surprisingly good, but yet you have no knowledge of the Lovable Losers or the Amazin' Mets . . . How can this be?
      Were you kidnapped by aliens and raised by them with no knowledge of baseball? Or were you one of those Soviet spy children, raised from birth in an American English environment in an isolated town somewhere in Siberia, and trained to infiltrate the Great Adversary?
      You should travel to the UK some day, they consider baseball to be nothing but a notably uninteresting variant of cricket, and Amazin Mets would get guessed to be a part of the London police force.

And no I'm not British, nor alienated, nor Sovietified... just came from a time machine, and I can assure you, baseball won't exist in 2090 anymore)))
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • As nice as it would be for my High Command to give me a leg-up in research, I think that will be the point that free users start freaking out about how unfair high Command is. Building and production are one thing. Research very well may be too far.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • if you cant afford £3 a month (the price of a cup of coffee) for HC then you are in the wrong game or get a job :) if you want to play for the please remember the saying "beggers cant be choosers", it is the payers that make it possible for the ones to play for free. it is the cheapest game i have seen , having said that i would not mind paying a little more for the ability to research queue, demand and supply :thumbsup:
    • Razr Wolfgang wrote:

if you cant afford £3 a month (the price of a cup of coffee) for HC then you are in the wrong game or get a job :) if you want to play for the please remember the saying "beggers cant be choosers", it is the payers that make it possible for the ones to play for free. it is the cheapest game i have seen , having said that i would not mind paying a little more for the ability to research queue, demand and supply :thumbsup:
      You do realize, how few players support the game, at all, financially? You're talking small percentages that support, at all. You lose that player base due to inherit unfairness, and the game does not have much to work with.
      If you only have three hours left on research, gold it out and put in a longer research. Easy as can be.
      Free Time looks good on me