Canada on 22 player map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Canada on 22 player map

Hello everyone,

I just started a 22 player map as Canada. In this map Canada starts with 1 province of food so you start with -80/hour right from the start. I'm above USA who has 3 provinces of food.

I'm interested on strategies with Canada on a 22 map.

Thanks for your input.
    • Canada needs to ally itself with the northern United States; they are natural allies with complimentary resources. Canada has stronger oil and rare materials; the northern States has better food. Both have strong metals production. Canada also needs quick access to the Atlantic for an invasion of Europe or Africa, and the fastest route is across the roads of New England to the port of either Boston or New York.
    • On the 22 player "Clash of Nations" map, Canada's London (ON) should get a Naval Base (15 mins.; +10% Food) just be careful to never build ships there....not that I've done THAT, really I *ahem* never done that, lol. Then constantly keep London (ON) under a building programme of ICs and Infrastructure.

Go slow with the MILITIA and INF for a while and keep active barracks only in your best Manpower provinces.

Take a look at the MARKET for FOOD.

Detroit (the Capital of AI Michigan) will give a little injection of money and puts one in reach of the Northern States of America's Food at Cincinnati (should the No. States not be cooperative). Invading the No.States is best done with Light Tanks (LTs) because of the distances involved.

Reykjavik also is a source of FOOD, as well as, another AI Capital.
    • My advise is to never start as a country with food issues. You can always deal with an oil shortage, but dealing with a food shortage from the beginning is tough. Late game food is more valuable than anything.

So to that end I pick start locations based on good food production, such as north USA or Yugoslavia on the 22 player, and go from there.

In your case I would suspect that North USA is eying you for the oil, and also planning on light tanks, so I would advise building antitanks and antiair to stack with your light tanks for the front line assault. If you have resources to spare today I would build a few forts at key spots in case of invasion.

Now in regards to the naval base. I recall a conversation with @'Restrisiko the all knowing about such things: His claim was:

restrisiko wrote:

Damaged ports Lvl 1 consume no oil, but they supply pro rata production increase.
      >> So at the beginning of a map it can be useful to stop the construction of (some) ports at 99%.
      (is the same for barracks and manpower).
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<