Alliance Invite Issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think Bytro should start focusing on all bug related to alliances.

- Invite doesn't properly work
      - Games stacking up in the "game in progress" alliance menu even when they're over since a while.
      - No possibility to message to full team in-game
      - Other smaller issues, like the point system (Team with a record of 5-6 is ranked lower than a team of 0-0 record)

I don't think it's tested much, maybe Fronline pioneer could have a look at it as well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Macalex ().

• Well this is weird. I have three of us so far in the Alliance. I tried making it open and when he goes to the page he says there is no "JOIN" tab. So I change the settings to invite only and send him and invite and he never receives it. Very frustrating indeed!
      KATHEDLOK
      555 BLACK CATS
    • The alliance system is currently being looked at by the developers. Sadly, they also need to spend time with things like the algorithms for the multi-account detection system; and then re work that if it does not work properly. There is a lot on their plates right now, and the alliance system is one of the things they have been working on.

The invite system had a workaround, where one could get to it via the alliance page in the rankings menu. By the sound of it, this is no longer working? Please confirm, so I may pass this along to @Sasri with all of the information.

As far as:

Macalex wrote:

Other smaller issues, like the point system (Team with a record of 5-6 is ranked lower than a team of 0-0 record)
      Call of War uses an ELO ranking system, meaning you gain more points from beating other alliances with high points, and lose more points when losing against an alliance with low points. 1000 points is "neutral" or what you start with. If you lose six matches, and only win five, and the alliances were all ranked around you? Yes, your ELO will be below 1000. You have lost more points than you have gained.

Messaging teams has also been brought up to the developers. Sadly, there has been no say as to when such an ability would be put in place.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • WiseOdin wrote:

The invite system had a workaround, where one could get to it via the alliance page in the rankings menu. By the sound of it, this is no longer working? Please confirm, so I may pass this along to @Sasri with all of the information.
      Can confirm it is not working. Won't repeat it in my thread, think it will suffice here.

Brian

Well it seems I found a different workaround.

When searching for the Alliance that I got an invitation from, clicking on the team name did nothing. The Alliance has no Avatar picture, just the generic question mark and clicking on it did nothing.

Then I clicked on an Alliance that had a Avatar pic and I could see the information on that Alliance.

So I tried clicking again on the Alliance that invited me and it let me in and I could Accept the invitation and I'm in.

Don't ask me why that is, all I know is it worked doing it that way??

The post was edited 1 time, last by SGTBLT ().

• WiseOdin wrote:

Thank you, SGTBLT (Suddenly makes me think of E-5 Sammich)
      It's like you're psychopathetic...LOL

Yes, my user name is my rank and initials. I was a Sergeant E-5 in the Army, although it was actually E-5(P) as I was promotable to Staff Sergeant.

But after serving 12yrs I wasn't waiting any longer to get promoted so I got out on the draw down after the second Gulf War.

I named my youngest daughter after me, I just added an "a" to make Briana and her initials are the same, I think it's pretty cool!!!

Cheers,

Brian