Fire at will!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am looking forward to seeing how these tweaks play out. I have two games currently on the go, one is nearing the end with only a few strong nations and the other is with everyone who has responded in this thread.... ;p (well not actually, but a few of ya) and this is still early---nearing the middle(?).

I was not having man power issues in either and don't foresee that changing. It seems to me that well balanced forces are able to cope with MP requirements quite well. It was perhaps only in my very first game that I had MP issues which I tried to circumnavigate by spamming barracks before I realized that that killed my grain! :|

I think we should appreciate that this game is still growing and that the singing wolf face said that if the changes are unbalanced they may be recanted.

Still some seeming bugs(air field thing for example) that perhaps could/should have been squashed before introducing new units though......but thanks for the continued efforts to better the game!
    • There are more balance changes planned regarding ships, planes and secret weapons, these changes were the first step. So it is good that you are making suggestions.

Oh and since it was mentioned in this thread: Yes we are looking for more developers, please look at our Jobs page on bytro.com to check if a position you like is available, and then send us your application :).
    • @freezy

Please reduce the coast of manpower for the infantry and militia and rise the coast for ships and planes in goods and maybe some rare material. (this both resources are in the mid- and late- game often penny stocks)

It will be great if I have the choose between cheap infantry (e.g. 1000 Man + only less resources) or a medium tank (1000 Man + much more resources) This will be a good balance: more resources = more speed or more special ability.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • Railguns should not be very powerful here, I don't remember them ever being very effective at all in history. If I had captured one through riot or capturing of a province where one was in production, or provided one in the Med. map, its crippling speed keeps it a more defensive unit, operating by having its fire range encompassing varied, city, or mountain provinces, where it can put the movement reduction to effect, and of course, coastal guard. Relying on this hinders your ability to have your front continuously moving, instead remaining stationary to accommodate the weapon.
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Same. Maybe if people built more tanks, planes, ships and support guns they wouldn't have to complain.
      I build a wide variety when possible...depending on the situation. But the support guns are just as high in manpower needs...not to mention the manpower maintenance requirements.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Changes of resource cost and upkeep are ok, not great but fair enough. But range of Arties, and range and speed of SPA is not ok.

SPA has double HP of artie, only .3 damage lower, but in average 2 times higher speed. ok 20 km extra range for artie make it fair vs SPA, but 50 km range of SPA and 70 km range of arties are overpowered for none-range-units!!!
      SPA would be ok with lvl1->30kmh 30km range, lvl 2 35 kmh 40 range, lvl 3 40 kmh 50 range.
      Artie would be fair with 45-50-55-60-60 km range, each lvl upgrade.

70 km lvl3 Artie disadvantages weak railgun one more time. rail gun need buff vs naval units!!!
    • aDudeWhoDoesThings wrote:

Railguns should not be very powerful here

V1nd1cat0r wrote:

i don't use rail-guns but by that reasoning they really are useful!
      They are not very powerful or useful at all! It makes sense why they travel so slow. I think the damage against ships should be increased, while the cost of upkeep decreased.
    • Took that out of context Squiggles, I was saying they're not, but going against one who offered buffing it. I don't remember them ever being effective, maybe against structures but that's about it, they could never hit a ship realistically, a convoy maybe but not combat ships. You can deal with ships with subs or naval bombers, but if you want to arty a ship, just argue for coastal batteried
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • aDudeWhoDoesThings wrote:

Took that out of context Squiggles, I was saying they're not, but going against one who offered buffing it. I don't remember them ever being effective, maybe against structures but that's about it, they could never hit a ship realistically, a convoy maybe but not combat ships. You can deal with ships with subs or naval bombers, but if you want to arty a ship, just argue for coastal batteried
      Coastal batteries are not a bad idea.....
    • back to thread theme please!!! Also new changes are not really a success, not a disaster. arties and SPA are OP now, SPA are OP OP OP now, 500 menpower needed, is it Introductory price for new unit? when will it rised? how much will cost it after a whille? Good nes, increased menpower costs for arties make it not as overpowered at strikeforce building, but a comparison of lone unit, or of already rised armies without loking at ressources, shows artie is overpowered now. Even 60 km for lvl 1 are to great range. 10 km more are 30 min. up 4 hours (in average 2 hour) longer bombardiment without own damage. Yes arty was weak up yet, but as strong it is now is destructive for game balance.

And i repeat 45-50-55-60-60 would be fair.
      SPA 30-40-50 km, 30-35-40 kmh!!!

Too high range for artie, too high range for SPA, too high speed for SPA are too great advantages for too active players.
      At least 70% players dont want come back from whatever they must, and see they losed already 50% of provinces and strikeforces. Ans 20 km more range of attacking Artie are ca, 2 hours earlier bomberdement, and SPA are killer for 2 times a day online player. With that speed and that range.

Game gonna be only for hardcore players. It is not that goal what devs had it before!

The post was edited 1 time, last by f118 ().

• f118 wrote:

Too high range for artie, too high range for SPA, too high speed for SPA are too great advantages for too active players.
      At least 70% players dont want come back from whatever they must, and see they losed already 50% of provinces and strikeforces. Ans 20 km more range of attacking Artie are ca, 2 hours earlier bomberdement, and SPA are killer for 2 times a day online player. With that speed and that range.

Game gonna be only for hardcore players. It is not that goal what devs had it before!
      That's just another reason to buy High Command, so you can have your own arty that can fire back.
    • This is actually a big problem...
      I agree with patch and corrections. It's logical active players are better than others. In a game, there are 45% of casual gamers, 5% of active players which are always connected and attack in the evening to beat you, with the 50% inactives players.

I don't want and can't be connected all the day, but I don't lose all my games, even with the recent patch. So to my mind, everyone can have fun on CoW. You can't win all the game because of many reason. But even you are not a big player, you can win too...

I think the goal of the devs is to let the casual gamers activate the range of their artillery during the day. 'Cause, yup, I have to go to school. This is not for bad reason and to make this game a pay to win...

Prepare your strategy against this method...
      Valwarrior
      Opérateur de jeu principal / Senior Game Operator
      Equipe de soutien, Communauté Française / French Community Support
      Bytro Labs/Call of War

Modérateur Armée de Sang / Forum