Join the Arms Race

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New question related to the Gold Reward.

I just finished my Arms Race game with a VP Win and gained +11,678 gold. Yay! Go Team!

While it is the single largest reward I have received, it was far less than anticipated; in another Homefront Round I came in 1st place via retirement. I had around 1000 VPs in that game, add or take a few baker's dozen, and I made around 4k gold (maybe closer to 5k, I don't write this stuff down, probably should start).

In this game it was advertised that 1st Place would receive +10k gold, so I was honestly expecting closer to 15k.

So, all that being said, I was curious which of the following was true;

A.) The +10k gold reward was split among all the winners, possibly paid off according to scale (this is best option in my humble opinion)

B.) The payout tables for the Arms Race Event were down-scaled without anyone being aware (ugly option, but looks to be what happened).

C.) Something else happened.

I think it would have been better to split the extra 10k among all the players that survived in proportion to their VPs, just like a normal gold reward payout is handled. If that is what is done it makes sense, as I got about +6k more than the 5k-ish cap a Homefront game normally has (I could be wrong about the cap, never pushed the absolute boundaries in a 50p until this game).

If the Payout Tables were adjusted downwards and the players not notified, that really sucks, though. Not for me, obviously, but for the other players that came in 2nd and lower. Reason is, if a VP win with 1,678 points only nets a 1,678 gold reward, and then 10k is added directly to that, then it makes 1st Place great but also makes accepting 2nd Place and lower not worth it.

If I was say, Alberta, and I only had 500 or so VPs - I would totally fight till the end even if I was 100% sure I was going to lose simply to 'pad my stats' and increase my Battlescore/Rank or maybe fulfill an Achievement. I mean, I would personally prefer to add +0.05 or so to my K/D Ratio than have 500 gold (which is what it appears 2nd Place would have gotten in this case).

I respectfully ask that the guys responsible for setting up the Events notify the public in the future if there is going to be a drastic change in the payout structure, as that really does impact the higher levels of strategy as it will dictate what players fight for.

I also want to underline that I highly recommend the idea of splitting 'bonus' gold among all the ranks in accordance with VPs, as that gives everyone a taste of the good life and, honestly, by the time the Gold Reward Payouts become an issue, the surviving players are about ready to call it a game, anyway, in most cases.

All that being said, I loved the Event, and had a lot of fun, and I made a fat wad of gold cash when it was all said and done! Thanks for the Event! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by KingCongo: spelling, clarity ().

• KingCongo wrote:

I just finished my Arms Race game with a VP Win and gained +11,678 gold. Yay! Go Team!
      What team? You ditched yours.

KingCongo wrote:

I also want to underline that I highly recommend the idea of splitting 'bonus' gold among all the ranks in accordance with VPs, as that gives everyone a taste of the good life and, honestly, by the time the Gold Reward Payouts become an issue, the surviving players are about ready to call it a game, anyway, in most cases.
      This is not a good idea. Yes, it sounds fair. But the simple fact is that the special Gold bonus is a special prize to incentivize everyone to do their best and fight on. What you are proposing is little more than an attendance trophy. Besides, in many of these events, there are different level prizes for different ranks of winners (i.e., 1st. place, 2nd., place, etc.).

Although, now that I think about it, maybe the incentive is a little bit too rich if it encourages bad behavior by some players. That's a question left unanswered but maybe should be sought out. What do you think about that? Should bad behavior be rewarded if it leads to victory?

~o~

Actually, this is the kind of stuff that USUALLY happens when people do bad things....like drink too much.

It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Sasri wrote:

As far as I can see the rewards are just fine. Only the first place received the fix reward of 10.000 + VP and the other places still should have received their fix reward + VP.

Clanpred wrote:

Sasri wrote:

Each Winner (1st place) on our event map Arms Race,
      It's not clear.
      You say each winner, by winner we mean the person in first place, gets his normal VP reward plus an additional 10k.

The remaining positions (2nd and 3rd?) only get their VP
      The first quote by Sasri clearly shows that is not the case....2nd. and 3rd. place winners get their "[fixed] reward" plus their "VP" reward.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • I find that the easiest way to take out any country is just to spam nukes at them before rushing in with tonnes of conventional warfare mainly being artillery before sending in infantry and tanks, since the enemy usually has lots of tanks in their stacks. Rocket fighters are also kinda OP because the enemy keeps on sending in bombers and interceptors.

AI is also kinda hard to push and they keep on developing fortifications which adds to the difficulty.

All in all, its fun but challenging.