Join the Arms Race

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Join the Arms Race

Dear generals,

it is time for another challenge. However, you won't be alone in this upcoming fight. 150 strong men and women will unite and fight for you in this week’s event Arms Race. Five light tanks, four medium tanks, three artillery units, two mechanized infantries, two anti-tank units, one commando and one anti-air unit will be stationed in all urban provinces protecting your already fully upgraded buildings, ready to receive orders. In all non-urban provinces you will find three infantry units.

Each Winner (1st place) on our event map Arms Race, will receive an additional 10,000 Goldreward on top of the usual gold payout. So prepare yourselves and become one of the best commanders Call of War has ever seen.

Map creation will start today, September 21, and you will be able to join the maps until Friday, September 22. All games will have the 'starts when full' option enabled and will be force started, if not full, around 5pm CEST on Friday.You can find the maps by typing 'Arms Race' in the search bar.
      Additionally, the maps will run at double speed with a 24 real-life hours peace period (2 in-game days) and you will be flagged as inactive after 24 real-life hours. Research until day 8 will already be completed, everything else is unlocked and can be researched immediately.

We wish you good luck on the battlefield and are looking forward to your feedback on the event.
      Your Call of War Team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Sasri wrote:

Five light tanks, four medium tanks, three artillery units, two mechanized infantries, two anti-tank units, one commando and one anti-air unit will be stationed in all urban provinces . . . .
      Just to be perfectly clear, Sasri, that's "five light tanks, four medium tanks, three artillery units, two mechanized infantries, two anti-tank units, one commando and one anti-air unit" ----

(a) in each of the five urban provinces for a total of 25 LT, 20 MT, 15 arty, 10 mech infantry, 10 AT, and 5 commando, and 5 AA units, or

(b) a total of "five light tanks, four medium tanks, three artillery units, two mechanized infantries, two anti-tank units, one commando and one anti-air unit" spread across the five urban provinces?

That's no small difference, and it's unclear from your post above whether scenario (a) or (b) is intended.
    • With 150 starting units per player it will be an epic battle starting from day 1, so join to see the fireworks :D

To iterate once more, this is an Event, available only for a limited time. After friday, there won't be more of these maps.

(but more events may follow in the future ;))
    • Only AI.

So far:

Love the idea, nice and original. It reminds me of the S1914 tourney (the research part). its basically the CoW version of a free for all deathmatch. Still, some things seem to be working against this event

1: negative manpower
      2: negative grain (at least for me, without grain cities)
      3: see 2, on a 50p map, recipe for disaster in the late game.

Still, I guess this...encourages people to just go out and attack everything in sight, sacrificing your infantry units asap to solve the grain/manpower problem.

My first time on a speed event, and I notice I need to...adjust a bit, because daychanges are at a weird time and stuff like delayed orders need some...extra attention;).

In a future similar event with a bonus unit bonanza, you guys might want to tweak either of these things:

- no population
      - huge grain bonus at game start (100k?)
      - decreased upkeep costs
    • Are there going to be more of these arms race maps created? All of them are full at this point.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • DxC wrote:

injinji wrote:

how do you make custom games like that?
      snap your fingers 3 times and spin around
      And don't forget to say:

"Salmei, Dalmei, Adomei"

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 2 times, last by Restrisiko ().

• Unless I'm losing it this seems like a bug. Not sure if it is specific to this arms race game, but anyway. I charged a lvl 5 fort trying to kill some of these stupid units (labeled 1) that were forced on me. When I attacked, the big stack labeled 2 and the artillery labeled 3 were in the fort (as a single stack) and I was fighting them. I moved a plane over the fort to verify this. Later the stack split up and the stack labeled 2 escaped battle and moved out of the fort to attack my other units.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DxC ().

• DxC wrote:

Later the stack split up and the stack labeled 2 escaped battle and moved out of the fort to attack my other units.
      In a game a while back I was pinned down in a fort and experimented with splitting my stack within the fort, intending for my artillery to hit a further away rather than the closer one. The artillery I split off ended up without the fort defensive bonus and took a big hit from the enemy artillery before I merged it back with the main force again. I suspect that had I chosen a road away from the attacking force that I could have marched those split off units away from the fort, even with other units in close combat at the fort walls.

it seems that there is a limit on how many units each unit can be in battle with at one time, perhaps 2 and the third enemy unit will not engage? does that sound correct? so in theory if you have a big stack being attacked by a small stack can't you split it into too many targets for the enemy to handle?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

it seems that there is a limit on how many units each unit can be in battle with at one time, perhaps 2 and the third enemy unit will not engage? does that sound correct?
      That doesn't sound correct to me at all. Stack size has nothing to do with what is targeted. The whole stack is targeted as a single entity. I't more likely that it could be some glitch with artillery. In this case the the artillery didn't move and didn't attack or change it's status in anyway though so I don't know. It was initially on defense with the rest of the stack and remained on defense. I could imagine the stack splitting if the artillery did a range attack on something outside the melee, but that didn't happen here. And even if that occurred the other melee units shouldn't be able to escape battle.
    • Did army 2 actually move away or just "try" to move away. Because splitting stacks within a stack is normal. Also, attacking from the fortress (even with Artillery) pulls you out of the fortress's protection, as you discovered.

The bigger point, that I wonder if it's been missed is that a small stack attacking a really big stack should also be facing the overkill effect. I mean, there's throwing away your forces and then there's throwing away your forces. If you are going to send a tiny stack at a big stack that happens to be in a level 5 fortress, you probably won't even scratch the polish on those new tanks. At least, it makes more sense to throw those units at something they'd at least do some damage upon while on their way out.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Since this issue is not related to the event map, please discuss this in a new thread in the bugs section of the forums, or create a bug report ingame please :).

Regarding the feedback to the map: We know that players start with negative production, but we think this is fine, as it gives a little incentive to go out and fight right away. That should prevent players from just turtling, waiting until the other players killed themselves. We want everyone to get involved in the fights right away, so from our view it's fine.

For everyone who did not join yet, there should still be some open games available.