Announcement Upcoming Coalition Changes

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • ulun64 wrote:

      AK140 wrote:

      Arms Race map game 2115054 the Lions Den coalition have 4 members and controlled 2675 VP which is more than 90% of VP.
      The round haven't ended yet, will it end if we control 100% VP or a civil war is in order?
      It's confirmed the 90% coalition win it's not implemented yet. You have to go for solo VP win.
      (That means it's civil war time.)
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

      The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

      R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • AK140 wrote:

      Arms Race map game 2115054 the Lions Den coalition have 4 members and controlled 2675 VP which is more than 90% of VP.
      The round haven't ended yet, will it end if we control 100% VP or a civil war is in order?
      It was announced:
      It has not been reported yet that it has been implemented - what it then certainly will be in the News.
      When implemented... - I assume that then either the game would end automatically at the day-change, or a vote for the ending in the newspaper would appear at the day-change, and if all involved players agreed, the game ends then immediately after the last button is pushed (as it's usual now). ;)

      Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money -
      - more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game sometimes.
      So beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :whistling:
    • If this

      bergfall wrote:

      freezy wrote:

      It will likely be implemented next tuesday during our regular game update. Then it will affect all running games, as announced. Coalitions which do not exceed the max. member amount will then win the games at daychange.
      Pardon me, but for a game that lasts 30+ days, that's just stupid. It should only affect games started after the change.
      If you are that close to winning in less than even 60 days, then it must be one small map. LOL
    • bergfall wrote:

      freezy wrote:

      It will likely be implemented next tuesday during our regular game update. Then it will affect all running games, as announced. Coalitions which do not exceed the max. member amount will then win the games at daychange.
      Pardon me, but for a game that lasts 30+ days, that's just stupid. It should only affect games started after the change.
      Not possible sadly. It was announced a month ago that this will affect all running games, so no one can say that this is a surprise :) nevertheless we hear your feedback and want to postpone the release another 2 weeks so that we can announce it in the news for everyone one more time, to not catch anyone off guard.
    • freezy wrote:

      and want to postpone the release another 2 weeks so that we can announce it in the news for everyone one more time, to not catch anyone off guard.
      Now changing the rules on those of us that can read and were paying attention isn't really fair either. Several players have planned games to end by coalition win given these announcements. So are players just supposed to check in every day and move a unit around to keep active for two weeks?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill



      VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

      >>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

      freezy wrote:

      and want to postpone the release another 2 weeks so that we can announce it in the news for everyone one more time, to not catch anyone off guard.
      Now changing the rules on those of us that can read and were paying attention isn't really fair either. Several players have planned games to end by coalition win given these announcements. So are players just supposed to check in every day and move a unit around to keep active for two weeks?
      We stated that the coalition victory will be live 'later in October' which is still happening. The reason is, we want to publish a news on Tuesday, to inform everyone AGAIN about this change. Since it will affect everyone, and as you say we don't expect every user to check the forum every day.
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

      freezy wrote:

      and want to postpone the release another 2 weeks so that we can announce it in the news for everyone one more time, to not catch anyone off guard.
      Now changing the rules on those of us that can read and were paying attention isn't really fair either. Several players have planned games to end by coalition win given these announcements. So are players just supposed to check in every day and move a unit around to keep active for two weeks?
      This is a very welcomed change to the game and now on day 76 and our coalition of five is wrapping up the map and sitting at 4883 VP's. IMO, this will add a new element of strategy to coalition creation and approaching the game as a whole. Thank you very much!
    • not the best place to ask this but in a coalition is there any advantage winning by coalition or on your own ?? Also the commuter in the game I am in keeps taking provinces off me and giving them to other players when moral is low but immediately it changes sides the moral soars. ALSO The game is allowing a player down to last two provinces with no buildings to acquire units out of thin air. This seems against the ethos of the game and also its caused the game to drag on interminably its boring and creating friction with coalition players. Advice or explanations wanted if possible
    • David Soutter wrote:

      not the best place to ask this
      That is correct, but you did.


      David Soutter wrote:

      is there any advantage winning by coalition or on your own ??
      I enjoy playing with other folks, and I don't want to have to turn on them later, so being able to win as a group is good. It is Honorable to respect your allies, rather than have to destroy them later.


      David Soutter wrote:

      Also the commuter in the game I am in keeps taking provinces off me and giving them to other players when moral is low but immediately it changes sides the moral soars.
      That is the way rebellions work.


      David Soutter wrote:

      ALSO The game is allowing a player down to last two provinces with no buildings to acquire units out of thin air.
      I assume that you are leaving units in a province center. When the province rebels the new owner gets the army units also.




      David Soutter wrote:

      a player down to last two provinces
      Only two provinces left? Why not just go capture them?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill



      VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

      >>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • David Soutter wrote:

      not the best place to ask this but in a coalition is there any advantage winning by coalition or on your own ?? Also the commuter in the game I am in keeps taking provinces off me and giving them to other players when moral is low but immediately it changes sides the moral soars. ALSO The game is allowing a player down to last two provinces with no buildings to acquire units out of thin air. This seems against the ethos of the game and also its caused the game to drag on interminably its boring and creating friction with coalition players. Advice or explanations wanted if possible
      Vorlon is right, this is how rebellions work. But, as for the mysterious units appearing, it's possible that they have an ally gifting them units. That's also a part of the game mechanics.

      Personally, I prefer to play alone maybe a third of the time. But it's hard to beat having a couple solid allies in a coalition with you.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

      The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

      R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Stormbringer50 wrote:

      i started a 10 player map about 10 days ago. the coalition limits were set at 2. today i looked at coalitions and i see that they may have changed to allow 3. Did I miss something? When was it changed?
      We indeed made further changes. You can now have 3 players on the 10 player map and 2p = no coalitions, 4p = 2 members. This will be announced within our next update news.
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager