Geographically accurate map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Geographically accurate map

I have had issues for a while about how Canada is always smaller than the USA, when in reality, the Canadian mainland is larger than the United States one, yet in call of war, that is not the case. Now, I see that even Mexico is longer than Canada and in reality. the border of the Canada/US boarder lines up with Germany but in the historical accuracy map, it lines up wit Norway. Can we please have a map that corresponds to how the world actually looks?
      please view the the following photos to see what I am talking about
      Images
      • Actual 1939 map.png

458.73 kB, 4,500×2,583, viewed 5,962 times
      • Call of War Map.png

530.32 kB, 900×507, viewed 1,959 times
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • It already takes a long time to transit the vast nothingness in the great white north. For a player defending most of Canada on the world map it can take 5 days for ground forces to respond to an invasion, so it definitely does not need to be bigger.

Also consider that the earth is round, and trying to represent that in a flat format is next to impossible.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • The map has been a bit adapted to the CoW ratios like many other things too, ok, but I think taking the right map of the
      real world in the original version instead would not have been bad either: :thumbsup:

:00008359:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D