Automatically boot inactives

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Automatically boot inactives

As the ability to boot inactive players is not available on larger maps now, would it work to have the system automatically boot inactive players once or twice per game?

You typically see players go inactive around day 3 or so, and maybe a few more by day 5. If the system could automatically boot players declared inactive on days 3, 4, and 5 it would allow players to fill maps up again when original players fail to do anything.

I don't think there is any use booting inactive players later than day 5 or 6, as that is usually too late to have a good chance in the game. Of course you always have the danger of joining a map when you are already being invaded, but the risk is sometimes worth the reward.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • To further this point:

I started a 100 player map recently. Now on day 4 there are 30 inactive players. I can't really complain as half of my continent went inactive, but that is a bit ridiculous. Maybe a third of those countries are invaded already, but at least 10 of those inactives are good defensible positions. Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Western Austraila, etc. Places that are not likely to be overrun already.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<