possible solution for team mates scooping

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• possible solution for team mates scooping

As I have posted before This situation where I plan..I build... I destroy large numbers of the enemy while my team mates bring units to the boarders but only do minor if any damage to the enemy then after I do all the heavy lifting they race in and scoop many territories. I think I have found a way to reward the player who does the actual work. racing around in armored cars collecting territories is easy, any half brain can do it. Planning and carrying out a large scale attack that you destroy 100,000 enemy units or more takes skill. Up until now the player that destroys large numbers of the enemy goes mostly un rewarded and it rewards the scoopers because they race around taking points while you are destroying the units. I would really like to see the players get rewarded for unit destruction totals. It gets posted in the news paper every day so its not something COW would have to develop to implement. If country A attacks and destroys so many units he gets Victory points. there by getting rewarded for playing the game with skill. The more A destroys the more VP's they get. territories still have VP's as well but now this new way would encourage large scale battles. I like this a lot. With some testing and finding the right balance of how many VP's victory would require I think this version would make the game even better.
    • I see this all the time. Players will sit back and build local defense while very active players do most of the heavy lifting. I agree that COW should implement some kind of reward for the active players. I really hate this scenario and then those players eventually go AFK and they were no help and you might have fight them and then you get no points towards rank.
    • Adding VP for units defeated is a good idea and makes the game more dynamic, but think of a what a prolonged engagement where 2 nations are battling it out could turn into. In theory the loosing side could still rack up VP and be ranked higher than someone still alive and not attacking. Would need a good balance because there is a preset number of VP in territories, but a possibly infinite number of VP to be gained in troops destroyed.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche
    • Armatus wrote:

In theory the loosing side could still rack up VP and be ranked higher than someone still alive and not attacking.
      Is that a bad thing ? The guy who has been attacked and is putting up a good defense and although losing a bit at a time to a stronger/ better player is involved in the game he is counter attacking and is active. The guy who sits on his hands and does very little in my opinion deserves to have less points than a guy who is active and putting up a fight.
    • Razorwire62 wrote:

Armatus wrote:

In theory the loosing side could still rack up VP and be ranked higher than someone still alive and not attacking.
      Is that a bad thing ? The guy who has been attacked and is putting up a good defense and although losing a bit at a time to a stronger/ better player is involved in the game he is counter attacking and is active. The guy who sits on his hands and does very little in my opinion deserves to have less points than a guy who is active and putting up a fight.
      Not a bad thing per say but can you imagine someone losing almost all of there territories and winning?

I agree and I like the idea of rewarding those who put in the work, only saying a balance has to be found since points from beating units is potentially limitless. What level do you set for victory?

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche
    • The calculation can be as complicated or as easy as one wants to make it.. simple = how many units killed. complicated omg the formula could include several criteria. My main goal or maybe I should say the Spirit of the whole situation is that I want the guy who is destroying more units than other players to be rewarded. If there needs to be some test games run so be it if there needs to be tinkering with that cool but lets get some thing started and go from there. and lets get to a game play stage were the guy that runs around with single armoured cars doesnt win or place top 3 to win I think you need to be a game changer a general who goes to battle and destroys units using his army with imagination and skill.