bio weapon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I had to consult Wikipedia to refresh my memory, but chemical weapons were not a part of active battle in WW2. They were stockpiled by both sides, but not used out of fear of the other side using them in retaliation.

So there is no historic precedent for having chemical weapons , but that does not mean the couldn't be a possible unit. Nuclear rockets are certainly not present in the WW2 history books, but become an active part of longer games.

I could see chemical rockets being a special unit under the secret tab. Easiest to deploy would be a rocket with a short range and a "blast radius" where it would poison every unit within 10 km of the target by a few hit points. Sliding scale of course with infantry class taking a larger hit than armored class. It would still need to damage armored class sufficiently to be worth building, although the 10km radius would make them more effective than standard rockets in the early game. If they were expensive enough to be used rarely I can see them being a good addition.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Why do you think it would be less effective against armored units? I'd say it would be even more deadly in the confined interior of a tank than in the open air...?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Why do you think it would be less effective against armored units? I'd say it would be even more deadly in the confined interior of a tank than in the open air...?
      You might be right. I guess I was figuring that an enclosed vehicle would give the operators more time to apply their gasmask before it got to them. That assumes that they had time to prepare. I guess it is just as likely that such an attack would be fairly quick so the preparation time would be nil.

While scheming here I think the SBDE max should be one. The gas attack is only going to get so many troops before they do get their gas masks on, so further attacks within a couple hours would have little to no effect as the gas masks would still be worn.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<