Easy question for veterans

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Easy question for veterans

Hello,

Let's say I'm X , there's Y and Z. If X and Y both go to attack province of Z which is defenseless. If X arrive before Y and they are both in peace. Will Y continue his way to the province and declare war even if he doesnt mean to?

Thanks.
    • I think it depends on the orders.

If you tell your unit to "march" to point z, and a province changes hands to one at peace the orders stop.

If you tell your unit to "attack" point z I think it still will attack point z regardless of ownership, unless there has been a change since I tried that last.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • My experiences:

In both cases described by VorlonFCW just as in Macalex's example, and as long as X and Y have only peace status, the unit of X will stop, regardless of whether march or attack was commanded >> if the X unit is already in the province, it stops immediately, if it's still outside, it continues to the border of the province.

The stopping prevents unintended wars; AI will automatically retreat after such a situation; Players must enter a new command.
      (Incidentally a further reason not to change the game that units trigger war already when they entering a country)

Not shure, but I believe if it was only a march but not an attack command and X has RoW / ShM at Y, then the X unit continues to run.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Interesting but that confuses me more than anything else. In my exemple above, we are both in war with Z. I reached the province first and Y suddenly stopped as explained by DxC. When you're in war with a province, even if you ask to move, it will automatically ask to attack, doesn't it? So Y should have continued his way to me if what you say is right, doesnt it?
    • There also can be a distance element. If your unit comes to a halt within a couple of kilometers of a province center that is occupied by another unit then a battle may begin.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

There also can be a distance element. If your unit comes to a halt within a couple of kilometers of a province center that is occupied by another unit then a battle may begin.
      Actually, I think not, in this case. The key is whether you "tell" it to stop or not, as giving a new command while the unit is within 1000 Meters of the target will forcibly result in an interaction between the two.

The same thing applies in this case. If X and Y both reach the Z province, and both X and Y are at war with Z but at peace with each other, then X or Y (assuming that Z loses) will capture the province and the other of them (Y or X) will remain at the location. IF you had set up Z's province as a waypoint with additional movement beyond that point, AND if the other player that you are at peace with wins the province, THEN your unit will trigger war with that other unit as you move past the province control point. However, I suspect this is no longer true with a fairly recent rules change. It would be interesting to see this tested.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3