Minimum Rank, Maximum Fun

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Minimum Rank, Maximum Fun

Dear generals,

Hopefully many of you joined our recent XP Event, because the day has finally come: We are happy to release the minimum ranks for Call of War with today’s update. The goal is to introduce another barrier for multi-accounts and to reward our active and loyal generals.

Here is a list with the maps and their respective level requirements:
      • The English Channel (2p) - Level 0
      • Europe - Road to War (10p) - Level 0
      • Europe - Clash of Nations (22p) - Level 0
      • 1939 - Blitzkrieg (10p) - Level 5
      • Mediterranean Theater (4p) - Level 7
      • World at War (100p) - Level 8
      • America - Homefront (50p) - Level 11
      • All event maps - Level 11
      • Pacific Conquest (50p) - Level 13
      • 1939 - Historic World War (25p) - Level 17
      • Dominion - Antarctica (40p) - Level 19
      • Tournament Island (10p) - Level 25
      In addition, we made further changes to the game information according to your feedback. Instead of showing the last login time, you will now be able to see how long it has been since you last logged into the game. The peace period information now also shows the duration, if you click on the info icon.

More changes and bug fixes:
      • We added a button that clears all entries from the build queue (High Command feature).
      • Event games will be displayed on top of the new games list to make it easier for everyone to join.
      • We are introducing a new game creation option which makes it possible to disable coalitions. A matching filter has been added to the advanced search.
      • We fixed a bug that resulted into the map not being displayed when users received a rank notification.
      • Sorting in the coalition menu was not possible. We fixed this issue.
      • Some spelling and translation errors have been corrected.
      We are also happy to release the player stats for Call of War mobile. If you still have not checked it out, then you really should. Simply access callofwar.com via your mobile browser.

Your Call of War Team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Shoot, there goes my opening day strategy on the 100 player world map of knocking off the nearest level 1 or 2 players.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Great, let's go 1v1 a poor noob in the english channel(and crush his/her hopes and dreams)
      :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(And you thought I was that nice Canadian guy)
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower

The post was edited 2 times, last by NukeRaider33 ().

• MontanaBB wrote:

Nah. I thought you were one of those old-fashioned, war-mongering empire loyalist Canadians.
      I come from Alberta, which is oil county, not loyalist county.

Loyalist county is in Ontario and Quebec.
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • Congratulations to the Team.

The introduction of minimum rank requirements has made a REAL improvement to the game experiences.

Since this announcement was made, I have joined 4 games on 50 player maps. The drop out rate has only been 10-20%, as compared to 50-80% for 'normal' games.

Additionally, the player skills and communications are also much better.

Perhaps the BEST improvement in the short time I have been on CoW!
    • I like this to a varying degree, although clubbing low levels on World Maps was a favorite pastime. Guess I need a new strategy.
      “Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.”

~St. Francis of Assisi
    • I don't think it goes far enough.

There is a pleasure in thinking I am a great general, because I got me medium tanks bombers, and understand about terrain so I can rip a new orifice for my ignorant opponents to shit out of, against countries that often don't log in again even before I start to rip them out .

It's a thin pleasure. Tires easily. A whole lot of screen time for a few thousand gold.

Being able to do maths, and having been here for a few months, I understand that an hour or two of work in my local economy can be worth a worth a few million gold.

Beating up idjiots for a few thousand? Tires easily.

Let us have games that you need to be rank 40 to get into.
    • or alternately have games where you have to answer the question, if

" Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
      A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
      If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked"
      how many dry gallons did Peter pick?

If that is confusing, what are you doing here?
    • In my opinion the ranks aren't even good anyways. There are rank 3 prodigies that can roflstomp rank 40 people that have been playing for 3 months. We should make ranking more about winning combat/games and less about buildings.

Cwalen wrote:

or alternately have games where you have to answer the question, if

" Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
      A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
      If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked"
      how many dry gallons did Peter pick?

If that is confusing, what are you doing here?
      Really? That'd wean out probably too many people. What's a peck anyways?
    • temmie1 wrote:

What's a peck anyways?
      Two dry gallons, most commonly used as a measure of agricultural produce such as grain, vegetables or fruit.

Interestingly, it was a traditional Scottish measurement before the British imperial system was imposed, but the peck continued to be used afterwards because it closely corresponded to two dry gallons.

Google is your friend, and answers regarding tank destroyers, self-propelled artillery, and anti-submarine warfare are also available. :)