MAJOR Carrier glitch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MAJOR Carrier glitch

I have lost several air squadrons to "the void" because of carriers. I split my carrier group to assist an ally and all carrier based planes just vanished as soon as marching orders were given. Has any one else had issues with this? :wallbash
    • Dambek wrote:

I have lost several air squadrons to "the void" because of carriers. I split my carrier group to assist an ally and all carrier based planes just vanished as soon as marching orders were given. Has any one else had issues with this? :wallbash
      Ancient Bug ...

Aircraft Carrier Issue :

WiseOdin wrote:

... launch all of your planes on patrol before merging or splitting naval fleets which include carriers. There is a current bug in which the changing of the carrier's callsign leads to planes thinking their carrier no longer exist. Because this means it "must have sank," according to the code, the planes sink with the carrier.

You may try to ask the support to restore the planes to you.
      But I myself had lost 15 planes through this bug more than a year ago, and no help came from the support, apart from consoling words... :thumbdown:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

But I myself had lost 15 planes through this bug more than a year ago, and no help came from the support, apart from consoling words.
      Different administrator, different help offered. I lost five tactical bomber squadrons in a single air wing when I separated a submarine squadron from the aircraft carrier's stack while the aircraft units were in the air. *Poof* Gone.
      I filed a detailed in-game bug report, the game ended two or three days later and before anyone could respond to the bug report, so I was given 2,500 gold units in compensation when an admin did respond. That was about a year ago. I believe the standard operating procedure is supposed to be for the admin to try to restore your lost squadrons to you, but in my case they could not.

In your bug report, specifically request that the squadrons be restored to you, or that you be otherwise compensated for the loss of the aircraft units.

After that, heed my advice: do not add or separate naval units from your carrier stack while you have carrier-based aircraft units in the air. Apart from my incident described, I have had great success with in-game aircraft carriers, but I am painfully aware of the bug you have described and I don't make the same mistakes twice.
    • Wise Odin gave an explanation recently. Splitting up your carrier group can cause the callsign of the carrier to change. The planes become lost because the carrier is presumed "sunk" since that callsign is no longer there.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Different administrator, different help offered.
      Indeed, a gamble ...
      ... for myself I got to know it both, positive and negative, so that I must say it's a matter of luck whether and how assistance will be provided at all, depending which mod checks the bug message ...

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D