How does someone kill air planes?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How does someone kill air planes?

I know there is already a thread talking about the weird patrolling mechanics right now but I would like to know how to kill 10 stacks (5 fighters and 5 bombers) efficiently.

To put this into context. I am in a 100 player game as greece and there is someone who decides to use 8 of these stacks to patrol over one area. 5 anti air is obviously not enough. My fighters get shredded and I am running out of resources and industrial complexes. For anyone wondering, he is the biggest person in the game by 1000 points and its day 28. :wallbash

How do I destroy or at least challenge 8 of these 10 optimized stacks?

The post was edited 1 time, last by maje205 ().

• Just use a stack or a few stack of 8 AA and 8 Infantry. Move them under the patrolling planes...They will be gone very fast...If you can add a stack of SP AA it's works even better. Use your fighters to patrol over your stack of AA and Infantry.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ulun64 ().

• If he has 50 planes patrolling and you don't know what to do, your best bet is to avoid them like the plague. I don't know what ulun is talking about with artillery. do not put artillery under them. If you have 10 stacks of 8 AA with some tanks and other troops thrown in it would be a start. But really you need to find an alliance that can help you with your problems.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DxC ().

• From a previous discussion with Maje I think that this is a former ally, now enemy. . .

I think Ulun may have meant Anti Air, which would make sense. 8 regular Anti Air and 6 self propelled anti air in a stack will give decent results. Add in whatever you can with hit points to soak up damage, perhaps medium tanks. Make half a dozen of those groups and roll them within patrol range when the enemy isn't looking. You need to have several of those stacks returning fire in response to patrol tick simultaneously in order to knock planes from the sky.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().

• DxC wrote:

If he has 50 planes patrolling and you don't know what to do, your best bet is to avoid them like the plague. I don't know what ulun is talking about with artillery. do not put artillery under them. If you have 10 stacks of 8 ART with some tanks and other troops thrown in it would be a start. But really you need to find an alliance that can help you with your problems.
      SP AA not SP Artilery....I am talking about AA not artillery