Supply Crate Ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Supply Crate Ideas

Should Supply Crates have more prize choices? 12
        Yes, more prize choices. (5) 42%
        No, it's fine as is. (4) 33%
        No, there should be no supply crates. (3) 25%
        Abstain / Not sure. (0) 0%
      OK. So, the supply crates have been interesting. Many players have found tons of blueprints and gotten small caches of resources numerous times by now. Certainly, they are helping at times.

But....can we add more prizes? For example....random units? A Motorized Infantry hidden in a crate would be a nice prize, for example, or an SP-AA. Other units at random would be nice little pick-me-ups. Another nice prize would be small amounts of Gold. And, though this might be a bit less logical, what about the occasional Manpower boost (i.e., 2000 Manpower added to your stockpile)?

There is lots of potential for these supply crates. Gold, units, resources, Manpower, and how about other stuff? Maybe a rare 5 day free HC? Or how about something the equivalent of a "get out of jail free" card to be used to be redeemed once per card in whatever match you lose a capital in. The effect of the card would be to deny your enemy in that match the Money reward and to instantly rebuild your capital in another location. Additionally, though your opponent still deserves the morale boost, maybe your nation doesn't suffer a morale penalty.

There's got to be lots of ideas out there for the supply crates. Heck, even an occasional booby prize would make for a fun "wah...wah...wah" moment which would get automatically published in the WH to trigger some fun banter. Another interesting idea might be to force all wars that your nation participate in to suddenly change to mandatory peace and you can't have ANY wars for a short period of time....this could benefit you or even benefit your opponent.

These ideas just roll off me. But what else can people think of to hide under the supply crates? I would love to hear your ideas!

R.I.P. Swirl, chaos has earned you peace.
    • Unit drops would be nice, as would the gold(though, if it was done, it should be limited to 100 at max, so you can't just farm the crates and get better rewards than if you were to get... Even 3rd place at the end of a map). But you know what might be cool? Getting a research done by grabbing a supply drop. It's debatable, but I think it would be useful. Besides giving blueprints, they could sometimes complete a research, or reduce the cost for a research in some way, wether that be reducing the time on current research by 12 hours or make the initiation of a particular research cheaper.

I honestly see no use in possibily getting a get out of jail free card, not only because that would imbalance the game and make it frustrating for players who have rightfully taken out the capital, only for it to appear elsewhere and remove the money they took in the process, but it would also be hard to implement, and just feels wrong. It's a supply drop, not a lottery card drawing where you get X cards. You don't expect a 'get out of jail free' card from a supply drop. And if it's your own supply drop, you also shouldn't get booby traps.

As for a last idea- free building upgrade? Like infrastructure level 1 could start building in one of your provinces, selected at random, for free. You still have to wait for it to build, but the production of the building is started for free(or you can optionally stop construction and get the resources back). Or a free level 1 airfield. Industry level 1 is probably a no(it is very expensive in pretty much all materials), same would likely go for naval base, barracks, and nuclear reactors, as they would passively consume resources that may not want to be consumed.
    • NovaTopaz wrote:

Unit drops would be nice, as would the gold(though, if it was done, it should be limited to 100 at max, so you can't just farm the crates and get better rewards than if you were to get... Even 3rd place at the end of a map). But you know what might be cool? Getting a research done by grabbing a supply drop. It's debatable, but I think it would be useful. Besides giving blueprints, they could sometimes complete a research, or reduce the cost for a research in some way, wether that be reducing the time on current research by 12 hours or make the initiation of a particular research cheaper.

While I agree that a Gold prize should be limited, maybe it could still be a little higher than 100 since it'd rightly be a pretty rare prize. But, I really like your research idea. Getting time reduced on a project, or maybe even instantly finishing an in-progress project would be a good way to go. In essence, this prize would act like a Gold expenditure.

NovaTopaz wrote:

As for a last idea- free building upgrade? Like infrastructure level 1 could start building in one of your provinces, selected at random, for free. You still have to wait for it to build, but the production of the building is started for free(or you can optionally stop construction and get the resources back). Or a free level 1 airfield. Industry level 1 is probably a no(it is very expensive in pretty much all materials), same would likely go for naval base, barracks, and nuclear reactors, as they would passively consume resources that may not want to be consumed.

This would be a very good idea. It would needfully be a random province under your control yet be one that doesn't already have the structure. And the message would be something like:

"Wealthy investors from your homeland have donated funds to expand production. They have generously began construction of <[infrastructure, barracks, seaport, airbase, etc.]> in <province name>."

Now, of course it seems like getting something that has maintenance could be problematic except that those building types can be deactivated, so it's not much of an issue.

R.I.P. Swirl, chaos has earned you peace.