Airlift Units; Paratroopers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airlift Units; Paratroopers

My Brother and I like to think of ourselves as history buffs, and we both agree that a WWII style game like this feels incomplete without Paratroopers. Features for them could include the following;
      • Counts as an Infantry Unit, requires at least a Level 2 Barracks and a Level 1 or 2 airfield.
      • Has the same stats as normal infantry, with the exception of lower defense.
      • Requires a Level 2 airfield to launch by air.
      • While airborne, has poor defense against enemy aircraft.
      • Faster speed than a bomber but slower than a fighter when airborne.
      • My brother and I have debated this one, but perhaps make it so they CANNOT land directly on the center of a province, but they can land close to it. Perhaps even make it so that the final landing point is random.
      • Landing takes at least two minutes, and they can still be shot at by planes on patrol while landing; also can take longer based on terrain, such as mountains.
      Alternatively, a plane could be developed that acts as a transport for infantry and can drop them from the air over enemy territory. This also brings me to my next idea; making it so that certain units can be "airlifted" between territories. This would be a function only available at level three airports.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll be posting some other threads on further ideas later.
      "I'd be unstoppable if it wasn't for Law Enforcement and Physics!"

-James Hylton
      "BOLDLY GOING FORWARD! ('Cause I can't find Reverse)"

"I have returned from my wilderness Exile!!!"

• I see. Pardon me then; I have not read many of the forums since I started playing. I promise I am not trying to play a broken record.

-James Hylton

• Wouldn't it be sufficient to simply say that it has been discussed before and link the thread. If your new it's hard to read every post Let's try and keep interest in the forum alive not kill it by having people who post feel like they are idiots. Especially if the post isn't totally out in airy faery land.
    • trycster wrote:

Wouldn't it be sufficient to simply say that it has been discussed before and link the thread. If your new it's hard to read every post Let's try and keep interest in the forum alive not kill it by having people who post feel like they are idiots. Especially if the post isn't totally out in airy faery land.
      Screw that. When you are making a new thread, once you have named the thread, threads with similar names/topics pop up. There is no excuse.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• James Hylton wrote:

My Brother and I like to think of ourselves as history buffs, and we both agree that a WWII style game like this feels incomplete without Paratroopers. Features for them could include the following;

Counts as an Infantry Unit, requires at least a Level 2 Barracks and a Level 1 or 2 airfield.

Has the same stats as normal infantry, with the exception of lower defense.

Requires a Level 2 airfield to launch by air.

While airborne, has poor defense against enemy aircraft.

Faster speed than a bomber but slower than a fighter when airborne.

My brother and I have debated this one, but perhaps make it so they CANNOT land directly on the center of a province, but they can land close to it. Perhaps even make it so that the final landing point is random.

Landing takes at least two minutes, and they can still be shot at by planes on patrol while landing; also can take longer based on terrain, such as mountains.
      Alternatively, a plane could be developed that acts as a transport for infantry and can drop them from the air over enemy territory. This also brings me to my next idea; making it so that certain units can be "airlifted" between territories. This would be a function only available at level three airports.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll be posting some other threads on further ideas later.
      Love it! Altough there's no need, they're already going to be introduced.

Butter Ball Bill wrote:

My God, the devs have already said this will be put in. Discussed AT LEAST 5 times in great detail. This thread may as well be closed as it is just another duplicate.
      Give the poor guy credit. At least he did more work and detailed it more than the others.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

trycster wrote:

Wouldn't it be sufficient to simply say that it has been discussed before and link the thread. If your new it's hard to read every post Let's try and keep interest in the forum alive not kill it by having people who post feel like they are idiots. Especially if the post isn't totally out in airy faery land.
      Screw that. When you are making a new thread, once you have named the thread, threads with similar names/topics pop up. There is no excuse.
      I don't remember seeing other threads pop up when I named this post. Where do they show up at?

Also, once again, I apologize for not doing more research on the threads before posting. I will keep that in mind in the future, once I figure out how these threads work. I will still be posting a few ideas of mine later on though; If I leave them in my head too long, they start dying.

-James Hylton

• Pablo22510 wrote:

Butter Ball Bill wrote:

My God, the devs have already said this will be put in. Discussed AT LEAST 5 times in great detail. This thread may as well be closed as it is just another duplicate.
      Give the poor guy credit. At least he did more work and detailed it more than the others.
      Thanks Pablo.

-James Hylton