Airplanes and Captured Territory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airplanes and Captured Territory

Should this be added? 11
        Yes (9) 82%
        No (2) 18%
        Can't Decide (0) 0%
      Ok, lets say you have an airplane in a city. the city is captured, but the airplane is on patrol. The city is captured, and so it becomes basically a sitting duck and gets destroyed.
      However, with my idea, if there is an airport in range of those planes, they will automatically fly to it if the airport they were patrolling from at the time is destroyed or captured. It is realistic in the sense that airplanes don't fall out of the sky if the airport they flew from is unavailable, they would try to land at another, not crash land into the city and destroy basically all of the aircrafts and all of the crew dies. (however that would do a lot of damage to anybody if they are hit by one lol) And, as a prevention from this being OP, any time an aircraft leaves an airport due to it being damaged and auto flying it to another, it will lose 25-50% of its health. Keeps it from being to op and having somebody have a stack of 48 and it flies somewhere else.
      Just my idea.
    • DxC wrote:

It already works like that under some circumstances. Maybe the patrol sector needs to cover the other AB. I'm not sure. Anyone know exactly why they sometimes switch AB and sometimes don't?
      That's why I want it to work 100% of the time.
      I like how I does that sometimes, maybe somebody could get into a game with me and we could test this out?
    • xXCooksterXx wrote:

DxC wrote:

It already works like that under some circumstances. Maybe the patrol sector needs to cover the other AB. I'm not sure. Anyone know exactly why they sometimes switch AB and sometimes don't?
      That's why I want it to work 100% of the time.I like how I does that sometimes, maybe somebody could get into a game with me and we could test this out?
      I am guessing that if maybe if is patrolling a city from an airbase (the city is yours) and you have said airbase in that city, it maybe works right now? I can't be 100% sure until it gets tested.
    • I think it always works, if there was an air base in range from the place they were patrolling (so if they couldn't have flown there from any other friendly base). Not completely sure though, and never willing to take much chance on it.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • It is always best to keep some units at the airbase you are working out of anyway. I especially have learned to leave antiair in order to reduce the threat of getting hit while refueling. It is just a part of my plan to have forces keeping an airbase secure.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • DxC wrote:

xXCooksterXx wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

I think it always works, if there was an air base in range from the place they were patrolling (so if they couldn't have flown there from any other friendly base). Not completely sure though, and never willing to take much chance on it.
      Well, i'll try to test it soon. Ill come back with the results.
      if this was the case shouldnt a plane be able to attack a target then land at a different airbase?
      - PorterJ

Go Ukraine!