Naval Fortress/Guns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Naval Fortress/Guns

Do you like this idea? 12
        Yes (5) 42%
        Yes, but tweaked a bit (2) 17%
        No (5) 42%
      I know I have seen this recommendation before. But I would like to give some more reasons to why this would be a great addition to the game.

So basically, this is how I think it would work. The naval gun would have the range of maybe an artillery lvl 1 or 2 and would hit any enemy ships and possibly any ships with the fire control button. The naval gun would be stationary (obviously) and do decent damage to ships but not very much to anything on land. Also the guns should have decent AA as well. They should only be able to built on coastal provinces. One thing that may cause a serious problem is that convoys would get torn to shreds while debarking. So in order to balance this, the naval gun should be expensive and with less health, the less damage it does, similar to land units.

So why should they be made? Well firstly, it would make the smaller islands extremely dangerous. In WW2, many operations were held on standby until the nearby islands were captured as the ships passing by them could be sunken due to the guns on the island. Adding naval guns would force the player to do the same thing as the small islands that no one really cared about before could become extremely dangerous. Island hopping would become a reality and the naval game, a part of the game not as fleshed out as the air or land, would get more serious. Strategic bombers may also become more useful as they would be able to destroy the guns rather easily.

Artillery may do the same job somewhat. But they:
      A. Do not do enough damage to ships
      B. The player is very unlikely to have artillery everywhere on the island
    • Not that I want to give you any ideas for the current game we are in Maje, but you can already accomplish most of that with railroad guns. Railroad guns do 2.0 damage on ships, and with a 150 km range they can get 4 or 5 hits on a ship. Add some regular artillery for the disembarking convoys and some antiair units and wrap that in a level 5 fort at you have something that is as defensible as it gets.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Railroad guns .. Add some regular artillery for the disembarking convoys and some antiair units and wrap that in a level 5 fort at you have something that is as defensible as it gets.
      That - and so, the weapons are even mobile...

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Not that I want to give you any ideas for the current game we are in Maje, but you can already accomplish most of that with railroad guns. Railroad guns do 2.0 damage on ships, and with a 150 km range they can get 4 or 5 hits on a ship. Add some regular artillery for the disembarking convoys and some antiair units and wrap that in a level 5 fort at you have something that is as defensible as it gets.

Restrisiko wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

Railroad guns .. Add some regular artillery for the disembarking convoys and some antiair units and wrap that in a level 5 fort at you have something that is as defensible as it gets.
      Take an island, station an airbase and anti air, have level 5 fortress, have a navy near it, and have a railroad gun. Poof.
      Basically unbreakable fortress.
    • Restrisiko wrote:

At the blazing fast speed of 12 km/hr, lol ( I thought trains were supposed to be fast? lol)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • 27 across the sea ;) - to the next island respectively closer to the next front - while stationary equipment useless gets rusty in the backup, and at worst case still costs daily upkeep...

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D