Experienced players currently playing 50 and 100-player games?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Experienced players currently playing 50 and 100-player games?

If you are currently playing one or more games on the 50-player Pacific map, 50-player Americas "Homefront" map, or the 100-player world map, and the game is in its final stages (i.e., most if not all AI countries have been eliminated, and only 10 or fewer active human players remain), please contact me via private conversation. I am gathering information for the discussion of the food-production problems on the larger maps, and your input regarding the morale and production levels for remote, non-core food-production provinces would be very helpful to me in compiling data for the ongoing discussion.

Thanks, MBB
    • I will throw some data at you in conversation.

(already started, just trying to make this thread lively)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Hey Monty, here's the promised snapshot - 9 enemy provinces; no limit..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • @Restrisiko: Ouch. So there's no limit for negative morale points for neighboring provinces. I was afraid of that. That's why several of the double resource provinces rebel almost every time when they are newly captured and the new owner fails to garrison them. On the 22-player map, the examples that always come to mind are Badajoz, Spain (double food) and Quarzazate, Morocco (double oil), and there are several others I can't recall from other maps. It's almost like they were intentionally designed as rookie traps. Once you've had them rebel twice on two consecutive days, you don't forget the lesson ---- it was one of the reasons I started looking at morale influences in my first game, because I didn't understand why particular provinces were so prone to rebellion.
    • m1tanker632 wrote:

What data are you looking to gather?

@M1, at this point, I am trying to confirm the following:

(a) on the 50- and 100-player maps, that the negative distance-morale penalty is capped at -39; and

(b) on the 50- and 100-player maps, that the negative morale penalty for active enemies/wars is capped at -25; and

(c) on the 50- and 100-player maps, there is no cap for the negative morale penalties for contiguous enemy provinces (-5 for each enemy province, or for the negative morale penalty for your own contiguous provinces when their morale is below 70% (negative penalty varies based on the morale of each adjoining province).
    • According my verification and experience, if nothing in the meantime (last month) was secretly changed :rolleyes: , also the 50pl-pacific-map has the following usual rules:
      (a) distance morale penalty is capped at -39
      (b) morale penalty for wars is capped at -25
      (c) negative morale penalties for enemy provinces isn't capped (it's -5 for each enemy direct neighbour province)
      --> and, also as usual, the morale influences of own provinces to each own direct neighbour are:
      100% morale --> +2
      90-99 morale --> +1
      70-89 morale --> 0
      60-69 morale --> -1
      50-59 morale --> -2
      40-49 morale --> -3
      30-39 morale --> -4
      20-29 morale --> -5
      10-19 morale --> -6
      0-9 morale -----> -7

• Maybe I should create a new thread, but is related to this string as well. I just finished a 100 map with a coalition win. As BB is asking to confirm certain negative stats, I have a thought. In this game I had a surplus of 290k grain when I went negative. As the weeks went on, my negative stats continued to fall until I ended the game at - 1100 per hour in food; throughout this plumit, despite the fact that I COULD feed my population because of my surplus, my moral and province moral plummeted to the - 7-9, thereby influencing every province in the "death spiral". My point is that I think moral loss should take into effect that you CAN feed your population successfully through surplus and thereby to a degree mitigate the moral loss over time. Because of my early strategic planning, I was able to go through the last 21 days of the game in massive negative food numbers and when the game ended I still had over 100k of surplus, however, my overall moral had sunk to 45%, and most of my provinces were in the 30s due to negative food production.
    • @Restrisiko: Do you recall what the "no capital" negative morale factor is? It's been a while since I've had that particular problem . . . .

Also, what's the negative morale factor for a nuclear attack on a province?

And, regarding M1's question immediately above, how big do your food reserves have to be to avoid the morale death spiral when your hourly food production goes negative? I haven't experienced the problem since my first game (21 months ago), but I seem to recall that there was a two-step morale penalty, depending on the size of the deficit . . . maybe it was a second negative morale factor when your food reserves were exhausted?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• "no capital" is -40 in the daily morale calculation.

You have to have a number of hours of food to avoid a food shortage morale penalty. I'm not sure how it is calculated. It seems to be 8 or more hours. It has been hard to pinpoint exactly how many hours of food you need to have since you don't want to stay in that situation.

There is also a resource shortage penalty (goods, oil) which also kicks in at 8 or more hours of food remaining. don't know if it would apply to manpower.
    • As Lawrence said, there is -40 in the absence of a capital.
      (-1 more than the maximum distance penalty of -39, so the clever idea to play without a capital building brings no advantage)

Radioactive contamination is -30 for 3 days.

I can not say anything about the spiral of death, I've never had or tested it out.

Morale penalty in minus production of food and empty depot can reach up to -110 as I've tested. Depends on how much and for how long the needed resources are missing. Similar with goods and the other daily resources, but I haven't researched more detailed correlations.
      I had some more pictures of it, but I can't find them again, probably deleted sometime..